05 avenger clutch driver removal

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 05 avenger clutch driver removal

05 avenger clutch driver removal

Hello guys,

I need help removing the clutch driver from my 05 avenger. I managed to unthread the center bolt but I could not take it out because its touching the fender. Also, is there a way to remove the entire clutch / driver without pulling out the motor? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you talking the drive clutch on the engine? If you have a winch mount the two frame bolts on clutch side usually have to be removed and pry the bar out of the way. I usually have to pry the clutch into the fender a bit to get it off. The body will give quite a bit.

Hello,

Yes I am talking about the clutch on the engine (driver / not driven). I will remove the winch mount bar on the clutch side but the problem I am having is that the clutch is stuck on the engine shaft. The 4" center bolt was unthreaded with ease. Any suggestions as to how to remove the clutch from the engine shaft? thanks in advance.

Spray penetrating oil in center where bolt was and let sit a couple hours. If there is room to pry right at crankshaft it's ok. Don't pry on pulley on the outer edges.

I will do that tomorrow. I hope it works. Thanks for your help.

It worked!!!! It fought me all the way to the end of the shaft but its off. thanks a lot for your help.

Clean up the rust with a few wipes of some emery cloth or wet/dry sandpaper and liberally use anti-seize when you put it back together. If your elbows and socks don't turn silver then you didn't use enough anti-seize.

(Okay, that last bit exaggerates a small amount.)

lol will do. thanks.

No matter the amount of anti-seize you use, you still cover your elbows and socks, any everywhere else too. Funny how that stuff travels!

Hello guys,

As I was cleaning the engine shaft I noticed that it has a slight play (inward/outward). Is that normal? if not, what is the likely problem? thanks.

+ Reply to Thread