baker hill tranny question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: baker hill tranny question

baker hill tranny question

I bought a used rebuilt 7000 tranny for my 208. The guy i bought it from said he rebuilt it, I'm not sure if he knew what he was doing. The problem is that both outer bearings are a quarter inch out of center to the right of the bearing caps after the main center bolt downs are installed. The sprokets also are out of line to the right. Does anyone know of anything he could have done wrong in assembly that would cause this?

sounds to me like the outer snap ring groves are broken/worn off the main shaft
    and the next grove in was used. the first grove is maybe an 1/8 inch in from the end of the shaft. (on both ends)

Thanks, both outer groves are there. It all seems like there is a 1/4" shim inside the box that is on the wrong side moving both shafts to the right. The calipers are off a 1/4" inch also. I'm going to go back out and study it a little more. Does anyone have an exploded view of the 7000? The one i found at the manuel page here i cannot see all of the tranny.

The better view is of the 5000 tranny, same parts just different sizes.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Where do i find that pic? I'm making progress, he had some snap ring on and others not on. I now have it centered but now it is hard to shift. Going to move it back a little and see if that helps. I think its still missing some snap rings somewhere because when i try to shift everythig is moving. I got this tranny for 20 bucks and don't mind working on it, I learn that way.

Sounds like you figuring it out you will be a pro at it in no time.

I rebuilt my first one not long ago. It shifted a little hard before and after rebuild but works great.

Did you see this page it helped me out http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...r-manuals.html

+ Reply to Thread