What motor, clutch and belt?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What motor, clutch and belt?

What motor, clutch and belt?

I have a 208tt with a baker 7000 tranny. I'm looking at lifan motors 13hp or 15hp? I have a salsbury clutch from a scrambler and my stock clutch from the JLO. What clutch should i run with the lifan and will the stock converter on the tranny, need modified? What belt width will i need? Is there any other major modifications that might sneek up on me? Where can i get a new throttle cable that will work with the stock lever?

Bicycle shop helped me out with a new long cable and housing and reused the housing cap at lever. Worked great for me and cost about $5.00.

I'll have to dig in the my other garage, I think i have some long bike cables from when I built my limo bike. Thanks

How do I remove attex axels

It has the 2nd earily outer housing, big 3 bolt pattern. I have all the bolts and pins out and it will not budge.

The sprocket tube is loose of the shaft. Could the inner frame bearing have one of those funky twist locking collars?

Check the inner side of the axles, many machines have a tapped axle that is secured in place by a carriage bolt that goes through the frame. I've only owned one Attex and it was built like this with no locking collars on the inners.

Saturate everything heavily with penetrating oil like P.B. Blaster to loosen up the rust. After that, its lots of elbow grease.
    Last edited by Noel Woods; 03-22-2015 at 05:40 PM.

No more bolts. Seems to be stuck to the inner fram bearing, it has a hole in the bearing sleeve but no set screw.

+ Reply to Thread