heat?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: heat?

heat?

Hi all,
    It's gotten really hot here, northern CA, and, I'm wondering if anyone adds extra cooling to their engines, and, if so, how?
    My Hustler seems pretty hot when running in this weather.......I was thinking an oil cooler if I knew where to find a pressurized port.....it's got a 16 h.p. BS engine.

Thanks,
    Henry
    Henry:
    I don't know where I'm going, but, I'm on my way...........

I'm trying to get my friend to make me a 90* filter adapter with ports for a cooler!

I'm tinkering with adding an electric fan to thestandard cooling system!

For any air cooled engine heat is it's worst enemy.
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

I was thinking of a closeable deck, with a reversable fan, so, it could be open and the fan would help draw hot air away from the engine, pulling it in under the seats and floor, but, in cold conditions, closing the rear deck and reversing the fan would blow warm air under the seats, etc.........

Henry
    Henry:

I don't see a filter on my engine. am I blind?........yikes.........

Henry
    Henry:

on my max2 with the 25hp kohler i replaced the engine cover in the top body with an 8 inch aftermarket automotive coling fan and do just what you described reverse it in the winter for heat!!!! also the factory uses a fresh air duct to grab fresh cool outside air and direct through the fan (flywheel) and on the exaust side there is shielding around the exaust to divert the hot air out vents on the other side shouldent be to hard to make something simalar for a hustler if i get time in the next fue days ill snap a fue photos of my setup ive gotta pop the top and lube stuff and change the choke cable anyway i know you have a compleately different setup but maby it will inspire an idea or 2 ya never know!
    they dont call me mad because im angry!!!!! im just a little crazy thats all!!!!

thanks mad max....that'd be great.

HEnry
    Henry:

When I got my husler, the hot air box was missing. There was nothing to make the heat exit the unit!! Yes they do have vents, but it is not enuff. I took 1/4" rubber sheet, ' old convair belt to be honist' and fashioned a baffle to force hot air from the motor, past the hot exhast, and out the back vent. Hot air go's out----cool air must go in, problem solved!!!

Anther thought I have not yet done, Take a 12v blow from a old cars heater, mount it so it draws in fresh air through one of the side vents, One ****ch and you should be able to move alot of air!!!!
    Attached Images

good idea, thanks........
    Henry:

Not sure what kind of room you guy's have to work with, but a jeep cherokee electric fan is about 12"x12", and easily mountable. You would need a 40amp relay to run it, a switch would not handle the current.
    eBay Motors: JEEP CHEROKEE/COMANCHE RADIATOR COOLING FAN NEW 87-01 (item 330236166304 end time May-20-08 15:56:47 PDT)
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

Quote Originally Posted by GREASEMONKEY View Post
    I'm trying to get my friend to make me a 90* filter adapter with ports for a cooler!
    I found a little somthing! Any one have the napa oil filter # for the 18HP B&S
    I can cross it up & get the measurments tosee if any of thes will fit.

Sandwich Adapters
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

+ Reply to Thread