tub remolding help!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: tub remolding help!

my maxiv is 1996 I seen on here that the newer lower tubs were deeper,is that tub the same as a buffalo, about how much is a lower tub? thanks mark

DSCF3222.jpg
    The weight of the roll cage can sag the body along the sides of the machine due to its weight and the fact that it is not long enough to run the full length of the side (corner to corner). If you look at pictures of older Max IV's you can see the body sagging where the metal angle stops especially towards the back. One thing that helps is to is extend the metal angle to the corners where the body is the strongest. Another is to incorporate the cage into a full body band as many do. When I did mine I also built a camber into the side angle of the cage with the highest point above the middle wheel. I did this by cutting the vertical angle in two spots then bending the right and left legs down and welding. You can see this in the pic before I bolted the body and cage together . This way the body has no choice but to pull up and stay there. Gained a lot of clearance with out any additional bracing

thanks for all the good inf.,this is what I did, I took my 2 burner camp stove put it between front and rear tires. this worked great because the stove has sides that fold so you can position the heat source, also used my propane torch heated for 20 minutes took a couple boards and jacked it up worked great thanks again for all your help God Bless!
    mark

+ Reply to Thread