1st time owner of a 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1st time owner of a 6x6

1st time owner of a 6x6

Hello I just recently took in trade a mid 70's wild wolf. Never owned a aatv before so I'm sure to need a lot of help and mentoring. The wolf appears to have the original 295 jlo in it and the t-20 trans. Its a 4 chain unit. Dont know how many leaks I'm gonna find and can't seem to get the motor to run right. My son seems to think it needs a smaller jet cause its running too rich. I am ordering up a couple of smaller jets from ebay but till they come in he is going to see if he can put a kawie 500 2 stroke snowmobile engine in it without having to molest the tub at all. Anyone have any suggestions or warnings for me please speak up. I hope to get to know most of you on the forums and maybe get a chance to ride with some of you in the future.

A wild wolf has a lot going for it as the base of a nice trail rig or racer. First you need to decide what you want it for, then pick the engine. If you want a trail rig, I suggest going with a 4-stroke single or twin. You would need new clutching, but it would be worth it to put a Briggs vanguard or even harbor freight engine in it. Stay away from Richards relics for parts. Ask about what you need here and people will direct you to the best spots for savining you money yet still getting a trail worthy part.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Thanks I was going to contact him about a used carb for it. Guess I will check else where instead

Pm sent
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Does anyone know where to get a rebuild kit for the mikuni carbs? I have been looking on ebay and can't seem to find the type I need. All I seem to find are either multicarb kits or ones for jetskis. My son pulled out the Jlo motor and tried to see if a 500cc snowmobile engine he had would work but we seen right away the exhaust was going to extend so far forward that the driver would be a bit inconvenienced by haveing to sit on the expansion chamber. Guess its back to the Jlo and looking for rebuild kits.

Like Drew said, avoid Richard's Relics. You'll get horrible customer service, many inferior quality parts, and prices that are ridiculously high. Check out Snowmobile Parts, Go Kart Parts, Lawnmower Parts, ATV Parts, and more | MFG Supply for carb rebuild kits.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Like Drew said, avoid Richard's Relics. You'll get horrible customer service, many inferior quality parts, and prices that are ridiculously high. Check out Snowmobile Parts, Go Kart Parts, Lawnmower Parts, ATV Parts, and more | MFG Supply for carb rebuild kits.
    I checked out MFG Supply and I couldn't find anything for the mikini carbs at all. Thank you for the info though. A guy just called about a jet ski I had laying around from a past trade so maybe I can hold him up for enough to buy one of them fancy new harbor freight 4 strokes. I'll have to add some oil to the gas cause I'll really miss that pretty blue smoke.

I got a new carb on eBay For 20 dollars more than a rebuild kit. And stay away from Richard relics. I got hosed on parts.

Quote Originally Posted by PDCLOM View Post
    And stay away from Richard relics. I got hosed on parts.
    You're absolutely right! I'm sorry to hear that you had to learn this the hard way. Many people have had the same experience and learned a valuable lesson from it, and that's why they refuse to do business with him.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread