Attex Replacement Gas Tank

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attex Replacement Gas Tank

Attex Replacement Gas Tank

I want to replace my old round metal gas tank in my Attex, mainly because it is a PIA to get in and out. And some of the bolts have vibrated loose and fell out of the mounting brackets. I also don't need a 10 gallon tank for my 16hp engine.

I'm thinking about a spun aluminum tank, 10x12 and will have an easy 4 gallon capacity?

Can anyone verify the diameter of the old round metal tanks?

Any other suggestions for replacement tanks?
    Courage Invites Critics

I just ordered a 10x14" center fill recessed ends tank with a capacity of 4.5 gallons. I will try and update this thread on the tank install, since I have never found any info on replacement tanks for an Attex.
    Courage Invites Critics

I put a spun aluminum tank in an amphicat. It was originally for a rail desert car! Very nice tank. Came with all the mounting hardware. I think it was a five gallon tank!

I had a chance to measure mine today and the stock tank was aprox. 8.5". So I changed my order to an 8x20 tank which should still give me a 4 gallon capacity.
    Courage Invites Critics

I went back through my paper work and found that I paid $150 for my tank. I Got mine off E bay with a friends help.

Forgot about this post, the steel original is near a steel Max tank and had planned on referring the Max plastic tank as an option.

Sorry.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

You might find some old Attex tanks for sale at the Ashtabula races this June.
    Banned

I have the steel tank on this old max. It's in good shape, however it will not be going back in the old girl. I really like the looks of the aluminum spun tank. They seem to be cheaper than the plastic tanks. If anyone has any negative feed back on the aluminum tanks please chime in! The one I had in my cat was sold with the motor after I was ripped off on parts by a banned member! I just scraped the cat!

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    You might find some old Attex tanks for sale at the Ashtabula races this June.
    I got poly tanks piling up in a corner waiting for the races. If anyone is in need pm me, but shipping is not going to be cheap. Waiting for the races or stopping by would be the way to go.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    I got poly tanks piling up in a corner waiting for the races. If anyone is in need pm me, but shipping is not going to be cheap. Waiting for the races or stopping by would be the way to go.
    Attex poly tanks?
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread