Tire Suggestions for 94 Vanguard

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tire Suggestions for 94 Vanguard

Tire Suggestions for 94 Vanguard

Hello, I just purchased a 94 vanguard to be used in a flooded rice field for hunting. All six tires need replacing.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what type/brand/size of tire would be good for this type of situation? I believe the factory tires are 22x10-8.

Thank You,

Welcome! Most likely you will need a paddle and in the same time an atv mud tires. A good brand would be Maxxis model Mudzilla. About the size well it would be better to get bigger rim size to accommodate larger tires.

Your axles are 24" on center, that limits you to tires under 24" in Diameter. There isn't much out there in that size that both swim well and mud well. The OEM runamucks are the best choice but also expensive.

The rice field I hunt in is only about 6" deep so I don't need tires to swim only mud. I am heavily leaning towards the Rawhide III in 22x11-8.

Thanks for the help.

The III is an excellent tire in either 22 or 25, I've been running 22's on my later V2 that will accommodate 25's for the ride, if you go that route I very strongly recommend the K-lock or MuddOx wheel and if you can't do that at least an 8 inch wide rim as that's where they want to be.
    I have been running mine since the 99.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

will the rawhide IIIs not work on the factory 8X7s?

+ Reply to Thread