Track advice for conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Track advice for conquest

Track advice for conquest

Hey there, I need some advice I just bought a 2000 Argo conquest and it runs great with all new wheel bearings, chain, and a rebuilt transmission it's ready to finally get me to my cabin in the summer time. I'm running runamuck tires and tried to give it a shot yesterday....and I didn't get very far. As soon as I started getting into the water grass mixed swamp I'd crawl along slowly but as soon as I got to grass hump while I was still in the water I couldn't get up onto it without using the winch. This is a pretty horrible trail with a river crossing, a swamp, and then a small lake. A great place in the winter. Haha. I got the standard 13" plastic tracks with the machine when I bought but I still haven't put them on because honestly I don't think they will do very good in the water/grass being almost completely flat.... Am I wrong? I've seen some of the channel rubber tracks in action and they look like they are exactly what I need, but I heard that they are too heavy and the conquest 20hp motor doesn't have enough power to push them. What does everyone think??????? Please help

your factory plastic tracks will help you a bunch compared to just trying to drive the machine on tires.
    In regards to channel tracks, they are not too heavy (approx 110 lbs ea for conquest) and your machine will have more than enough power to run them even with standard gears. It takes far less power to run them compared to other tracks because of their elevated belt design. But, they do require wheel spacers and for best performance track tuners.
    I would try your narrow argo plastic tracks if you already have them, see what you think. In the swamp it will be a big improvement over tires.

You could also try modifying your plastic tracks. Adding chain or studs or angle iron for more traction. I would tinker abit before making the big purchase of other tracks.

Once you go tracks you never go back . 180 degree difference in performance for me in my location which contains "very" overgrown ground foliage (think 5 to 10 ft. high plus in many places and your very lucky to find a spot that's clear enough on the ground to see a 20 yard shot) and swamps that have virtually zero chance of most trucks being able to get from one side to another. Lots of blow down trees in and out of the swamps to climb over, places where NO factory vehicle gets off the tram roads and highly modified ones are smart to have multiple vehicles in the group. I have Adair Argo tracks on my max iv and I can go everywhere, no road required… (Well, as long as you don't consider the lack of swimming ability) Pretty much sux imho.
    Last edited by rcn11thacr; 06-15-2015 at 07:37 PM.

I would invite you to watch Rock Doc's video, he owns two Argo conquest and each of them have a set of Adair swimming tracks on them. I have also run with the conquest of Dan and Louie at Busco Beach, both machines with Adair tracks and they were just unstoppable and were impressive to watch under any conditions.

I would also invite you to watch this Bigfoot with an 18 horse engine and Adair tracks eat pudding mud that nothing with wheels could touch.

+ Reply to Thread