'99 Max IV, POP then left turn only, then no go at all?!?!?!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: '99 Max IV, POP then left turn only, then no go at all?!?!?!

Just reread the thread and mine is an 18hp. I didn't read where yours was 25 so like most of my posts, just ignore what I said earlier.

Thanks for the help. I got the motor out and started disassembling the rear axles and things a couple years ago. But then I got side tracked and it has been sitting there for a while. Hopefully this winter I can finish getting it apart. I might have to stop by Recreative to get some new gears and parts that are bent/destroyed in there.

I can't see the dates of posts, so I have no idea how old the initial thread is. Have you determined what parts you actually need yet? I'm going to bet you just broke a set screw on the sprocket tube, which let the sprocket walk out. I've seen it happen several times on this setup. T-20s only weigh 70 pounds. They're heavy, but you should be able to get that out by yourself without any problem.

I have no idea how much the 25 Kohler weighs, but I'd imagine it's under 100 pounds. If you want to repair your chain adjuster that's about worn through, it's a very cheap piece of steel to cut and drill holes in. RI will charge you quite a bit more. A set screw should run about 25 cents. This is is just the first step in repair, so you may have other issues as you go along. The first step isn't more than a couple hours worth of work, and you shouldn't have to pull anything except the drive chain on that side.

Where are you located? I see "Buffalo", but where, exactly? If you need help, there are several of us around here who may be able to lend you a hand in getting it back up and running, or at a minimum diagnosing the problems...

+ Reply to Thread