Hustler Steering Lever question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hustler Steering Lever question

Hustler Steering Lever question

ATTENTION HUSTLER OWNERES: I was just curious if Hustlers had springs on the steering levers that keep tension on them, which keeps them in the forward position like the Maxes do. I found some big springs on my Hustler BIGFOOT during the restoration and they looked like they werent factory original. It seemed like someone might have rigged them up but I wasnt sure. Thanks.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

jpswift1: I have talked to a few other hustler owner from for sale ad's and none have said anything about spring loaded sticks, and I've been told about max's having them but they said hustler didn't have them ...I like mine without I can just turn the key and it's always in nuetral (the sticks) yet ready to go...to each his own...

Thank you for the info! Someone must have made the steering spring setup themself. I first started learning how to drive 6 wheelers on a Max II and it had springs on the sticks, but then I got a Max that someone took the springs off of and I began liking it without the tension. Now not one of my machines has spring tension on the sticks.
    Last edited by jpswift1; 08-05-2007 at 11:54 PM.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread