'Factory Spec' by Raider 530 O-ring chain...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 'Factory Spec' by Raider 530 O-ring chain...

'Factory Spec' by Raider (MFG Supply) 530 O-ring chain...

Hi amphib lovers. I just recieved my order of 530 O-ring chain from:
    Snowmobile Parts, Go Kart Parts, Lawnmower Parts, ATV Parts, and more | MFG Supply
    MfgSupply says this chain is 9,700+ tensile strength (same as Tsubaki Omega). It was recommended by a few fine people here whom I trust. I even recommended it due to the lower cost as compared to Omega ( not having used it before).
    Any one know where this chain is made?
    What is your personal experience using this brand?

The Omega chain on my Max IV is still in good shape, so I will change them out later. Better to buy them ahead of time, I think.
    Any discussion?
    Last edited by Rusty-Gunn; 07-17-2015 at 04:21 AM.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

The chain lengths I bought for the Max IV were:
    52 links / primary
    116 links / rear to mid axle
    112 links / mid to front axle (correct is 122 links)

So, I wrongfully ordered 112 links instead of 122. Now I need two ten link sections to compensate.
    Anyone ever splice short chains together to make them longer, using extra master links?
    I figure its otay as the master links are the same strength. Any cncerns I should be aware of? I'm going to splice Omega into the Raider chain. Both are 530.

I ask because this will be my first time changing out the chains and I don't want to create potentially dangerous issues if splicing is not recommended. Thank you.
    Last edited by Rusty-Gunn; 07-23-2015 at 03:41 PM.

You should be ok with two master links.

Thanks. Any experience with Factory Spec by Raider chain, as sold by mfgsupply?

We pulled the old chains off our Max IV today and will be installing the new Raider chains tomorrow. I will report back to this thread regarding our experiences once we ride a few times. We easily travel 50+ miles one way (100 + total) going on beach sand, beach gravel, tundra, tundra swamps, mud, and creeks. Occasionally over giant hills (too small for "mountains"). The Tsubaki Omega chains lasted 300 hours. Lets hope the Raider chains last the same or better.

We got the Raider chains installed today. Ton of work, but got it done. Next we'll grease up the bearings. Test drive to follow.
    I noticed two idler chain tension sprockets had some wobble. One worse then the other. These were the primary chain tensioners. After lubing them I traded their locations with the left chain tensioners. This way they are easier to replace once the new ones get in. Thanks to Mark, I otdered these from agri supply for 9.99 each.
    Interesting note... When breaking the Raider and Omega chains (removing pins) I noticed the Omega chain took more effort to push the pins out. The Raider chain was a bit easier. Maybe Tsubaki has tighter tolerences?
    Time will tell if the Raider chain holds up to Omega standards.
    Anyone else using Raider chain from MFG Supply?
    Last edited by Rusty-Gunn; 08-08-2015 at 05:53 AM.

We went a 20+ mile trip yesterday to break-in the chain a bit more. (We went on two short trips berry picking, maybe five miles worth previously.)
    Three chains stretched and needed adjustment. While tightening them up I installed the new tensioner sprockets, and while doing this I noticed the chain I was working on had some side to side play. A bit more than I expected. Flimsly, came to kind. It reminded me of how the pins came out easier than the Omega pins did when breaking chain.
    I find myself losing confidence in these chains. Buyer's remorse, perhaps.
    In any case, more riding is needed to truely determine the quality of the chains.
    If these chains prove to be worthless then the wife is going to be very upset.
    Last edited by Rusty-Gunn; 08-12-2015 at 04:59 AM.

Well if they are junk that stinks but thanks for posting the review. Keep us posted.

I will report more on these chains as I drive the Max more.
    If anyone has experience with this brand if chain then please share your results. Thanks.

I've tried many brands of chain and it seems they all stretch some more than others. I'm running some high end EK chain on the primaries of my tracked IV right now. They advertise no stretch. Well after the initial 20 hours they needed adjusting. Hoping they'll last longer than the others I've tried. Once they stretch out of adjustment I toss them as a stretched chain will wear the t20 sprockets faster. I'll report back on these chains in the spring after a hard winter pulling fish houses in the snow.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

+ Reply to Thread