A Stock racers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: A Stock racers

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I don't know if there are any rules established as yet, but I'm good with it

If we 're going to mix things up, perhaps we should hew out some ground rules. Dave??
    Yes Don there is going to be new rules put out this year for next. Season we are currently working on this I plan on having it on the site by December so that we have enough time to get ready for 2016 we are currently trying to hash out the springer class engine size issue but once that is done the rest will be easy

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Yes Don there is going to be new rules put out this year for next. Season we are currently working on this I plan on having it on the site by December so that we have enough time to get ready for 2016 we are currently trying to hash out the springer class engine size issue but once that is done the rest will be easy
    There's going to be a limit on engine size for Supermod (springer)?
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Well we are discussing it there might be two springer classes one for us old timers with 440 's and 500's and then the new outlaw class for the big blocks 700 to 1000 cc or we will put a cap on the engine size this is the issue on the table at the moment.

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-12-2016 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    LOL I remember the last time we raced, I let you drive the Scorpion
    Springer with the G50B that you built,and I was in the Spider with my Al Hodge eagle 4
    small block and you couldn't keep up with me. When we got back to the pits you said QUOTE WOW!
    I couldn't catch you. :
    All true, but cubic inch to cubic inch and dollar to dollar, not a real fair race. This same 2-stroke/4-stroke argument has been had by lots of folks on lots of sites over the past few years with widely varying results. I guess the only way to finally finish it is for you to make the trip out in June and run Supermod. I'll even challenge you with an un-sprung machine in the geezer race! It'll be great to see you guys!

I like it here in the 70s. Don't make me come back.
    Last edited by Don; 08-19-2015 at 06:52 AM.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Well we are discussing it there might be two springer classes one for us old timers with 440 's and 500's and then the new outlaw class for the big blocks 700 to 1000 cc or we will put a cap on the engine size this is the issue on the table at the moment.
    I assume you mean 700-1000 cc 2 stroke? I think 100+ hp in and old school springer may exceed a few design limitations. I can think of maybe 10 failures where you could not stop or slow down. Wonder how much higher Buds Springer would have flown with 1000 cc's I think you are talking a whole new breed of machine here. Sounds Fun.
    Acta non verba

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    the only NATV rule for 4 strokes was a .6 displacement rule. I did see a few 4 stroke scramblers race but they were not competitive. I think mixing the A 2 stroke and 4 stroke stock together would work as well as B stock . It would bring out an additional opportunity to race and have some competition. I think consolidating the lower classes just make sense to build up the sport.
    4 stroke stock would use the .6 rule and require stock carbs and any exhaust. A healthy 290 cc 2 stroke should make at least 20HP which would put in in the same range of a clone 420 cc 4 stroke with a rev kit.
    So my racer with a 292 twin would be considered B stock?

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    I assume you mean 700-1000 cc 2 stroke? I think 100+ hp in and old school springer may exceed a few design limitations. I can think of maybe 10 failures where you could not stop or slow down. Wonder how much higher Buds Springer would have flown with 1000 cc's I think you are talking a whole new breed of machine here. Sounds Fun.
    Yes we are talking two strokes Matt really opened up a can of worms with the stealth fighter jet i mean the streak that he brought to latrobe he finished three quarters of a track ahead of my machine and. Bumpkin 2 and with more springers being built this winter the talk of big engines are easy available from any sled these days we need to figure it out. I personally don't feel like doing a total restructure to just upgrade my engine and the other old springers feel the same way

Quote Originally Posted by Joe H View Post
    So my racer with a 292 twin would be considered B stock?
    Joe I. Just don't know what to dowith that thing your running good with 500's

Joe I. Just don't know what to dowith that thing your running good with 500's
    That is that all because of Dirty Uncle Don my clutch guy. The only thing I can think to do with it is drive it like a rental ! Right Whip?

+ Reply to Thread