Hustler in action video

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hustler in action video

Hustler in action video

Here is an old 1970's Huslter in action. It looks like it performs pretty well with that 440 Kohler in it even when its loaded full of passengers.

Last edited by Mike; 06-07-2007 at 11:47 PM.

Man, that thing will move! And those passengers aren't 120 pound people either.

I hope my 4 stroke Hustler Big Foot will have that kind of power. The Hustler Big Foot is geared quite a bit lower than the regular Hustler, so it wont be a speed machine, but hopefully I will be able to yank anything out of the mud that gets stuck or crawl up some serious inclines.

Speed in water

Okay I just watched that hustler video and ours doesnt move quite that fast. I'm wondering if the governer needs to be resit and in the water ours is really slow. I wonder if something is missing. We just barely go through the water. Any ideas?

Be glad that you actually move in the water! Hustlers are not known as good swimmers. So if you are going 2-4 MPH, you are doing good!

You have the 16 HP Kohler right? I drove a Hustler with one of those, and it was not very fast, but it had a lot of low end power. So my guess is 18-22 MPH tops???

EDIT: The Hustler in that video has a 40 HP 2 cycle motor....and they were supposedly very powerful and fast....
    Hammers should have warning labels.

This is a short video clip that I took of boncrshr riding his Hustler 950 through a swamp , with my Flip video Ultra . This shot was taken at the Sabine river bottoms . Notice the swamp grass that is draggging behind his Hustler 950 . We had a blast saturday ! We rode through swamps , flooded bayous , through the woods for over four miles , and across the Sabine River , at three different locations . Boncrshr and I also got lost for almost an half hour , finding the new trail we just made .

Please click on the Utube link , at the top of this video , to watch in high
    quality

That looks like good riding, fun! How are you liking the tires?

Hustler in action!!

Finally we have some video of a hustler in the swamp. Wow! Mudbug was quite impressed with your machine! That machine looks awsome with those vampires and it looks as if you have all the clearance you need, really nice. Mudbug tells me the vampires swam really well for you!I am gald you had another 6x6 with you for a test run. That area looks like prime AATV terrain,but some where you wouldn't want to go by yourself. Enjoy!!

Absolutely would not want to go in those places alone! Also, we were talking when we were out there, how devastating a break down could be!

Thanks for the kind words about the Hustler....as I told Mudbug yesterday....I think I am like the kid in high school (every school has one), that drives an old spray painted Nova, that runs good with a brand new drive train.

I bought a 200 dollar Hustler on Richard Clarke's advice that it was a good older machine, and I knew I would not be happy with a quad. There's a few more things I am going to do...a little more power, change the output sprockets like you did, and probably get rid of the back seat and build a flat deck (really simple and light). Then I will have taken the Hustler as far as it can go.

My next machine will definitely have 2 full size bench seats, splined axles, around 30HP, and capability for larger tires.
    Hammers should have warning labels.

CLICK ON THE UTUBE LINK THAT IS AT THE TOP OF THIS VIDEO AND WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY

+ Reply to Thread