MuddOxRacing Celebrates 1,000 Subscribers!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MuddOxRacing Celebrates 1,000 Subscribers!

MuddOxRacing Celebrates 1,000 Subscribers!

Today MuddOxRacing has reached a milestone that I never imaged would happen. Around 2002-2008 my dad and I traveled all over the Midwest going to off-road parks with our little group. John Schwab always took great video of every ride. Not only was it fun to watch and laugh at his commentary, but it captured memories that would have been forgotten through time.

In 2012 I made this YouTube channel to post the home videos from all our adventures (yes, all our home videos include a 6x6 one way or another). We started out with some Walmart GoPro knockoff cameras duct taped to our roll bars. Slowly we upgraded equipment and are currently using:

-2 quadcopters
    -3 GoPros
    -3 camcorders
    -fried 2 computers, on 3rd now
    -1.5 TB of footage

Analytics from June 25, 2012 to September 1, 2015:
    -815,763 video views
    -3,260,994 minutes watched (6.2 years)
    -1,200 likes
    -306 comments
    -105 videos
    -979 minutes of video (16.3 hours)
    -200 estimated hours of video editing

Current averages:
    -2,126 views a day
    -3 subscribers a day
    -63,756 views past 30 days
    -1,000,000 views projected for December 1st, 2015

Our videos are in no way professional, or have ever meant to be. They're glorified home videos with a perspective through our eyes. Not only does it save personal memories, but preserves amphibious atv history. A few weeks ago I was digging for some vintage video of The Streak, it raced from the 70's-90's. We have access to a few priceless vintage films, but I couldn't get more than a snapshot from 20 years of history. The rest is left to stories passed down. In 50 years I don't want to tell the story of a dozen machines bouncing off each other in the first corner, or the time a winch ripped out a tree, I want everyone to watch it as if they were there.

MuddOxRacing's success isn't just from the videos. I want to thank every single one of those 815,763 viewers, especially the hobbyists on 6x6world who always look forward to the next upload. Reading your comments is what pushes me to keep editing at 2am. All your support helps me con dad into buying those new cameras we "need!" Cheers to another 100 videos!

Here are some of the family favorites:

Last edited by Nick O.; 09-01-2015 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks for all your efforts. I really enjoy all the videos and appreciate the fact that they're not just promotional but rather anything and everything amphibious related.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Way to go Nick

I really enjoy all of them

Thank you
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Thanks for the post Nick. There is some really fun stuff in those videos.

Great job MuddOx crew. great videos nick

Yes,thanks for the videos! I enjoy watching them.

I'd like to thank everyone for the kind comments, and give an update of the channel from this initial post. It has more than doubled in just over a year! The numbers in yellow aren't total, just from Sept 15-Dec 16.

Analytics from June 25, 2012 to September 1, 2015
    Analytics from Sept 1, 2012 to December 7, 2016

-815,763 | 1,351,997 video views. 2.2 million total
    -3,260,994 | 6,070,428 minutes watched (6.2 years |11.5 years)
    -1,200 | 3,516 likes
    -306 | 407 comments

Averages:
    -2,126 | 4,054 views a day
    -3 | 12 subscribers a day. 3.3k total
    -63,756 | 121,616 views past 30 days
    -1,000,000 views projected for December 1st, 2015. Surpassed!

I owe most these numbers to the swamp ride video in Wisconsin, and my restoration timelapse. We have a few 6x6 racer/restoration projects coming up. I plan to post videos along with their progress, and give technical info to help others beginning their projects. Some of our unique machines need walkaround videos as well. If you have any specific requests let me know.

Quite a few of my old videos were full of copyrighted music. YouTube has begun blocking these on mobile devices and in other countries. I've removed the songs but they may sound odd. If there's a video you'd like with the original audio, let me know and I can bring it to an event or upload it to the cloud. Once again thank you for all your support. Cheers to another great year.

+ Reply to Thread