top for a Max IV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: top for a Max IV

top for a Max IV

I own a 2003 Max IV 900t with a roll bar. I have decided not to use my factory cloth, camo top, because it might get torn ridding through the brush, when breaking new trails. I have 3 choices to make a top for my Max IV.
    1: light gage sheet metal
    2: abs plastic
    3: fiberglass

Any one have any ideas who has used these materials for a top?

mudbug, if you look at the pics I have posted of my 2003 max iv I have a top that I made from abs plastic that has held up very well. I build alot of these roofs for people.

Top for a Mav IV

Thanks for the imformation you posted, I have now found a company where I live, that sells sheets of ABS plastic. Can I have them impregnate it with color, or do I have to spray paint it myself? I,m assuming that you just cut it into the general shape that you need it, and then use a heat gun to conform it to the final shape?

the place I get it from mostly sells black but sometimes you can get other colors. I have not had good luck painting plastics. I didn't have to heat it to form just do it outside in the sun and it will form nice. the first one I did I riveted the top on with 3/16 rivets. I found it looks alot nicer if you screw it with truss head stainless sheetmetal screws. I get them from mcmaster carr, they run about $10 for a hundred.

Top for a Mav IV

This abs plastic you use to make a top, must be very thin, if its that pliable?
    How much does it cost you for a 4x8 sheet?

I use 1/8 it cost about $65 a sheet. I screw it down about every 4" along the top and every 3" along the front back and sides. the nice part of abs is that it is very lite and strong , I can sit ontop of my roof.

I dont know if you guys have acces to any old golf carts but a buddy of mine took a golf cart top off and made it fit on his argo..he painted it black and it looks real good.

+ Reply to Thread