Cunneenio's 8x8 BONI,

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cunneenio's 8x8 BONI,

So I found some hdpe plastic

Thinking about making some tracks. The price + shipping to buy them makes it a bit out of my reach moment but... Then I had an idea

It's 40mm thick wall and got a trailer load for 10 bucks . the internal diamater is almost exactly the same as my tires.

I have cut it up and I have been thinking about the idea of drilling a hole and threading a steel cable through and securing it into position with a large battern screw through the cable . I can't guarantee that it will work but for $10 as compared to over $2000 for flat sheets of hdpe I think it's worth a try .

I'll laminate a 12mm thick piece inside to make the tyre fit giving the grouser aprox 50mm x 40mm profile.

I wanted to use conveyer belt rubber but can't because of the curve
    Last edited by cunneenio; 10-31-2015 at 08:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread