Peewee/A stock build

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Peewee/A stock build

Peewee/A stock build

I have decided to get started on another Racer for Peewee class and maybe A stock. I got the mud bug from Drew last year and will put a 18 hp magnum Kohler in it with 1 1/4" splined axels on the back four axels. I will post more pics as it moves along.
    Attached Images

I recognize that body! That's one came from Drew and me. That machine made its way all the way up from the Atlanta, Georgia area.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hey, did you find it in a swamp! The axels and stick pivots were a real PIA to get out! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by countrybumpkin View Post
    Hey, did you find it in a swamp! The axels and stick pivots were a real PIA to get out! LOL
    It was actually high and dry on a trailer and looked like it sat on there for a while, but I have no idea where the previous owner got it......so there could be a good chance that's where it was from, Dave haha. Glad you're giving it a good home!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Making some progress! I got the running gear done. I put 1 1/4" splined axels in the middle and rear and solid 1" in the front with keyed sprockets. I figured they would be cheaper to replace if the kids run into something. Next step is to get the body ready and design the roll bars.
    Attached Images

Are the axles you're running Max IV's and are they 18 inch long?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Yes I think so. They were the ones they were selling at Ashtabula that had the splines machined out too far. I'll check the length tomorrow.

They are 17" long Jim.

Thanks Dave, looking good.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Got the body repaired and frame in so I can fit the rollcage tomorrow. Built an air filter adapter and got the motor ready to bolt in. I want to paint the body but that will have to wait till spring. Still have to pull the frame back out to weld in the rollcage and battery holder.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread