2016 xl mudd-ox review

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2016 xl mudd-ox review

It sounds like you're really putting your machine to the test! We'd love to see more pictures and videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Deedeelin1 View Post
    Sixer, if you got behind the sticks, you would love what this beast will and can do. We have not looked back, we absolutely love our BIG GREENIE. I would buy another one in a heart beat. Don't let my frustration stop you from buying a great product.
    OK I feel you....

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Recommendation for MUDD-OX INC. After going out to Busco Beach, After getting stuck 4 times in mud, remember we only had Vendettas on No Tracks, The 5000lb winch fried!!!! We were about 3 feet from getting out when the winch starting smokeing. OH S!!!!T? After cussing out the mud a 850 Polaris and a 1000 Polaris side by side hooked up together and pulled us out. My thoughts are you need to put a 10,000 lb winch on the OX. 5000lb is to small.
    Get some Adair tracks, no winch needed afterwards. The exception being a winch does make a nice ornamentation however.

Recommendation for MUDD-OX INC. After going out to Busco Beach, After getting stuck 4 times in mud, remember we only had Vendettas on No Tracks, The 5000lb winch fried!!!! We were about 3 feet from getting out when the winch starting smokeing. OH S!!!!T? After cussing out the mud a 850 Polaris and a 1000 Polaris side by side hooked up together and pulled us out. My thoughts are you need to put a 10,000 lb winch on the OX. 5000lb is to small.
    Be mindful of duty cycle and use a snatch block when really suctioned into the mud. A snatch block will double your pulling power. It can be dangerous to have too large/strong a winch on a vehicle this size, 10,000lbs is a lot of stored energy......

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Mr. Woods, We have Adairs on both the Conquest and the Mudd-OX. We were out seeing how well the OX swam without tracks. Never again will we go without the tracks on. Mr Zuk, in a perfect world, I would have used both my snatch block, thank you but will buy the biggest winch I can get on the OX. If I am not mistaken MUDD-OX went from 4000, to 4500 now to 5000 they could have just said we will throw in a couple snatch blocks but they went to a bigger winch. As always I love your input.
    Glad to hear that, I was thinking your prior posts mentioned the Adair tracks. Once you run with them a few times, you don't want to go back to just tires. I agree 100% on the winch, always go for the biggest, baddest winch that will fit on a machine, even if you never hardly use it, that once or twice you do will be a real life saver.

5000 lb winch plus a snatch block is a lot of pull. I would question needing a bigger, heavier winch on your machine. Just take it easy on the duty cycle and use a snatch block. Also, at some point you gotta wonder how much force winch mounts can take. Many pickup trucks have tow-hitch ratings that are significantly lower than the vehicles "pulling" ability. Burying a machine on tires in the mud is never fun or easy on equipment. Can you give us any input on how your machine swims on Vendetta tires and also on your tracks. Thx for any input.
    Last edited by Buzz; 06-07-2016 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    5000 lb winch plus a snatch block is a lot of pull. I would question needing a bigger, heavier winch on your machine. Just take it easy on the duty cycle and use a snatch block. Also, at some point you gotta wonder how much force winch mounts can take. Many pickup trucks have tow-hitch ratings that are significantly lower than the vehicles "pulling" ability. Burying a machine on tires in the mud is never fun or easy on equipment. Can you give us any input on how your machine swims on Vendetta tires and also on your tracks. Thx for any input.
    That was my concern, a 10,000lb winch could do some damage if the Ox is good and stuck.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 07:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread