Max iv Fuses?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max iv Fuses?

Exclamation Max iv Fuses?

I have searched up and down the forum and found no answer to were the fuse is for the accessories. my hour meter, and heated throttle cable worked when I bought the thing about a week ago but now do not. It is a real bumper seeing how it gets down to almost freezing here at night and that is the only time I ride. if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome

Depending on the year the fuses should be behind the left headlight along the side of the body. Newer ones ate in liquid tight holders rivited to that body. Older ones are in line where harness comes out of body to switches ect. Hope this helps.

Yes!!!!! Thank you. I replaced the 2 amp fuse with a 5 amp cause that's all I had. Should I worry or is it fine?

sasshoc,

Yes, you should be worried! If the 2A fuse is the correct fuse for that circuit, you should replace the 5A fuse immediately with another 2A fuse. Depending on several factors, primarily the gauge and type of wire (solid or stranded), the circuit may not be designed to withstand 5A and could cause the wire to overheat, possibly melting the insulation and then shorting to another nearby circuit, ground, or even causing a fire. This is especially true if the 2A fuse blew for some unknown reason and the problem has not yet been determined or resolved. If the circuit is healthy, you might get away with the 5A fuse for a time but if it's supposed to blow at 2A and doesn't until 5A flows, you may make whatever problem that blew the original fuse even worse.

Be sure to chose a 2A fuse with at least the same voltage rating, or higher, as the original fuse. The voltage listed on the fuse is the voltage at which the fuse is guaranteed to protect the circuit, If yours is rated at 12V, then get one rated 12V or higher will work.

Hope this helps!

Okay I'll buy a new one tonight on my way home from work. Thank you for your help.

You're welcome!

You're welcome. Sorry if I sounded a little strong but as an ex-aircraft maintainer and 40 year electronics tech/instructor I can't begin to describe the number of times I've seen equipment destroyed because the wrong fuse was installed or the circuit breaker was held closed by someone trying to find the problem that blew the fuse or tripped the breaker in the first place. I know the circuitry on our 6x6's is relatively straight forward but I don't know how flammable ABS is and I the thought of your Max going up in smoke made me want to say something to ensure it didn't happen.

Hey bud. Can you do me a favor and check what the 2 other fuses are that are next to the 2amp? I know there's a blue 15 and I need to know the 3rd one. My max is missing it. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread