My FIRST 6X6 Wild Wolf 295

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My FIRST 6X6 Wild Wolf 295

LOL, sweet video and nice suprise at the end.
    Thanks for the pic.

Little progress

A little cleaning and going over what hasn't been pulled apart so noting comes off in my back yard "Water hazzard". The front chain adjusters (Slide type) were bent slightly so that the chain tries to slide toward the inside of the machine, throwing them out of alignment with the front and center axle sprockets. I clamped them down and brought them back to 90ยบ, but I know they will bend again with use. Is there an idler sprocket upgrade that I can put on in their place, or do I have to make one? (I can do it, but have put in much more time than I should already, so I would like to avoid whatever fab-work is possible) I know Whipper makes Attex upgrades, does he make one? Anyone else?
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Repair is sanded and smooth, area is cleaned up and the back skidplate is back on, front to go on later this week. I think I sorted out my leaky carb issue. Still interested in a better chain tensioner for the front chains, don't want to stay with the sliders for too long, but they are set properly now. Also got the bilge pump in and working, seems slow for a 500 GPH pump, but it was sitting unused in my old boat for 11 or 12 years, and it should be more than enough to keep me afloat.
    Attached Images

I am not sure of the style of adjusters you have but was thinking. Maybe if there are adjuster slots for the slider then maybe you could use that for a sprocket. It looks thin though and may need support of some sort. Maybe something as simple as a large washer or thicker larger metal piece with a hole to work as a washer. Just throwing an idea out, not sure if there are even adjustable slots or not. I have seen the factory sprocket style and have seen them bend, so it needs beef.

Larry, the adjuster is an L bracket with slots in it to adjust up and down and a slider pad on the bottom of the L to lift the chain tight, there are 2 holes in the frame to hold the bolts the adjuster slids on, so I can't just put a sprocket on. (Looks like the one in the lower right of this picture. NOT MY ATTEX, This is JRP3s electric Attex.)

On a side note. Skid-plates are BACK ON! Getting it cleaned up, and should get to test-run it tomorrow or friday, (After I fix the chain-tension sliders, Thanks Don and Larry for your input!). Sorry, no pictures cause I was finishing up as it was getting dark (AGAIN!)

A NEW AND BETTER VIDEO COMING SOON!
    (Maybe even with a 6x6 in it?)
    Attached Images

IT'S ALIVE!

Well, buttoned up the fasteners, cleaned out the machine nicely, and put everything in place. Noticed gas smell, thought I had solved the carb issue . On closer inspection, no leak at all from the carb or filters, it's coming from the TANK! OK, it wasn't dripping, or really even wet but just a little oily residue as the gas was weeping out VERY slowly, from the tank bung. First and easiest is to check the fuel line, and that was it. There was no clamp and the line stretched just enough to weep fuel, so I cut the last inch off and installed a clamp, easiest fix on this machine yet!
    And I finished early enough to take some photos of my work!
    1 Bilge pump fits in nicely, and my relocation of the coil seems to work great, no more fuel on the high voltage coil worries, no more stressing the fuel filter bowel!
    2 Skid plates back on and sealed up good with aviation cement.
    3 Looks cleaner, and my ZEP commercial cleaner (Purple stuff) started to attack the paint, so I will be able to remove the paint fairly easily when I am ready!
    4 Scrubbed this side a little (NOT HARD!) before I knew it would strip the paint so effectivly. Soon enough, this WW will be yellow again!
    Attached Images

IT MOVED!

Well. Here is the first runs of the Wolf. If you listen near the end, you can hear what a lack of threadlock on the clutch nut and clutch cover retaining screws can do, (Ended up with 2 screws snapped off in the clutch housing and the third cover screw bent. Screw extractor made short work of them, though). I made it back up to the work platform without a tow though!

Well, since I went over and found several loose bearing locking collars, I did a thread-lock job on all of them as well, so I decided that the retaining bar for the engine cover/seat was bugging me, as the flat plate the curved rod was welded to was bent on either side, probably from the cover being dropped open too far. I clamped the plate and straightened it. A hose clamp stops it from opening too far now, but the plate will bend again, so I cut 2 small steel corners and welded them in to spread the load out next to the mounting screws, now it will take something really bad for it to bend.
    Attached Images

6x6 ,

The restoration work that you did on your Wild Wolf 6x6 turned out really nice . Great work .

Is An Aatv Like A Boat?

As an avid boater, I can say that the work on one is NEVER done. I am beginnig to wonder if an anphib is the same. Anyway, went to start it yesterday, and the starter barely turned the motor over once, couldn't get any more out of it. Checked for loose wires or damaged connections, but nothing. Battery was about dead. After pulling the starter for a little bit, (BOY, does that get old, FAST!) and putting a voltmeter to the battery with it running, I see that the battery is not being charged! I am trying to figure out what the problem is. I did find that both the fuses are blown! Of course, they are a quite unusual design, one that I have never seen before! But I found a great substitute! Get 5x20 fuses (looks like small AGC fuses), take the end caps off the OLD fuses, and press them onto the new 5x20 fuses, over their endcaps. they fit snug, and the lenght becomes the same, and they fit like factory, nice and tight! I will see if this was my only problem, or if something else caused them to blow! (Thank you, Don, for all your help so far!)

OK, Charge coil was fried. I could have left it alone and enjoyed it as is for the summer, but I had to pull the engine out, and go to take the flywheel off. Not happening. I must have the experimental engine JLO decided to make the flywheel and crankshaft one piece somehow. I have tried everything, except a plasma cutter! And a friend has one, and I'm stoping by tomorrow, HHHHMMMMMM.

+ Reply to Thread