New to the Argo have some questions.....help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to the Argo have some questions.....help

New to the Argo have some questions.....help

I have a 1999 response 8x8 I installed new bearings in the back six and new brake masters....when I'm driving in the water on one side pulls at a time didn't know if this was normal with the Argo transmission or if something is worn out....also when I'm using the brakes after a while it feel like the brake start to drag and if I use one side to much I loose all pressure until it cools down then I get pressure back. I'm also running tracks if that makes Difference... Any input would be great as I came from always running UTVs this is new to me thanks

The Argo transmission will drive one side only if there is no real load. You will learn to slightly brake the spinning side to force power to the other side. The loos of steering brake is from boiling the fluid. Did you put DOT 5 fluid in the system? DOT 5 fluid has a higher boil point but must be completly flushed to switch from other types to it. Sounds like free play on master cylinders may be to tight not letting fluid bleed back at rest. I pull the end boots off the master cylinders and set the piston flush with cylinder. I know the relief port has plenty of room then. If they are set 1/8" into masters the port is covered in most cases and brakes drag and get very hot. Does your brake blower can come on with the key. They need the fan when driving.

yes I did use dot 5 and my fan does come on will double check the adjustment and make sure it isn't dragging

+ Reply to Thread