Max IV in the Sabine River bottoms

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max IV in the Sabine River bottoms

Max IV in the Sabine River bottoms

This weekend boncrshr and I rode in places I,ve never even considered riding in all by myself . The reason I don,t ride in places like this by myself , is because it is very remote , and you have to cross the Sabine River at three different locations . If you ever break down ,,, you are in SERIOUS trouble ! Even if you have another amphib with you , I seriously doubt you could be pulled back to where you first started from . I,m sure some of you on this forum board know exactly what I,m talking about .

PLEASE CLICK ON THE UTUBE LINK AT THE TOP TO WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY

coollllllllllllllllllllll ride . wish i was there robbie .
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

This post has been deleted due to the poor quality of the video I made
    Last edited by mudbug3; 06-16-2008 at 12:32 AM.

I accidently posted this same video twice , so I deleted it . I,m sorry the video quality was not very good . I was tired and forgot to format this video the right way , so Utube would put it in High quality .
    Last edited by mudbug3; 06-08-2008 at 12:10 PM.

MaxIV in the Sabine

Mudbug!!!! Those are the best AATV videos I have seen anywhere!! I am not taking about quility I am talking about showing what a 6x6 can do!!!! No else would even consider going into those swamps with another vehicle. Excellent!! Excellent!!!! YAAAAAA!!! I want more. Scott that Hustler is something. I am so glad you had another 6x6 with you so you could put it to the test and find out what that machine can really do!!Impressive!!! WOW!!

Hey Mudbug,

Thanks for posting up the video and for the ride. I just woke up not too long ago! It was a fun and challenging ride, and a good test for the newly re-assembled Hustler. I don't know what was dirtier, me or the Hustler.

As some of you know, this was my first time to actually see or ride with another amphib besides a Hustler. The Max was really cool.....I definitely like the big motor and 2 full-size bench seats. It was also a lot more fun riding with a 6x6 than quads because the capabilities are the same...don't have to go around water, just right through!

Thanks MightMax,

BTW, it was your confirmation that Vamps do swim that prompted me to get them. I REALLY like them, but I had to learn how to drive with them. I got stuck in a mudhole about 100 feet from the parking area because I was trying to throttle through the mud. Big No-No....just sit back and let them paddle! They did swim really good for me...I just would have to lean to turn. Probably just as good as Rawhides for me. But the Hustlers are weird about swimming apparently. I had all tires V facing forward. I'll post up more in my Quest thread.

Thanks again Mudbug!
    Hammers should have warning labels.

MB great video

Looks like a great riding area.

As stated before, I'm not so hung up on super quality. It's the sharing that make these videos so great. Yes if the quality of these cameras were all movie house quality that would be a plus. Really enjoy all the footage that the members put on the site. So lets not be shy about posting your videos. Love to watch all of them.

Lewis

Here's some of Mudbug in action....this is not the final draft, still playing with it.

Hammers should have warning labels.

Boncrshr ,

In those video clips we had already crossed the Sabine river twice at different locations , and the trail we continued to make , just got rougher and a whole lot more challenging as well . If it looked like we could make a trail ahead , we did . Exellent video clips Scott .

trails

Mudbug I can't tell you how many times I have been in this situation with logs and fallen trees under the water that required you to move back and forth and work your way across. Some times you are only using three wheels trying to turn while climbing a log. Tough situations that I run into a lot around here. Neat to see some one one dealing with the same stuff that Heath and I go through down here.Excellent video!

+ Reply to Thread