Magnum flywheel

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnum flywheel

No probably this weekend tho because I did t have her running in a while so yes so what should I test specifically

I can test it this weekend so what should I test and how specifically ?

I need to know all the voltages and if it is in ac or dc. I am going to be testing the stator and regulator so I need to know by the weekend

Best thing to do is go to Argo adventure website. Look up magnum manuals and download the m18-m20 engine manual. The electrical section is very detailed with drawings as to what leads to test. The previous posts here cover most of it but the diagrams will help a bunch. I've seen people spend hundreds of dollars on unnecessary parts by jumping in without testing. Good luck.

ok i found the manual do my 1992 argo magnum with a kohler m18 red engine have a 15 or 25 amp stator?

Maybe someone can help identify what it should have from old specifications but I have to see them to tell the difference. If your readings come into either set of specs that will tell you what stator coil is in it. If stator is bad they arnt usually close at all. Just a test lite on the center terminal of rectifier will tell if you have battery voltage or not. Has to have it to work. Good luck figuring it out with out spending a pile of cash.

Thanks so just connect the two outside leads in the recitifier than what ? Also is it ac or dc what setting should my volt meter be on

I smell smoke...

Don't connect them together. Probe them but don't connect them.

(ignoring anything to do with rectifier)
    First check resistance as described in post #8. If that's good then check the output voltage as described in post #5.

If this has passed then your stator is working. Now go back and test the rectifier (same posts but now ignore the stator stuff).

Yea I meant to say disconnect

I also looked at the magnum manual on battery not charging. It said something like the volts should be 13.8 to 14.7 and when you put a load on (tuen lights on or anything that creates a load) the system the colts should go up. If not your charging system is done? Seem correct or?

+ Reply to Thread