Canadian Manufacturing story on Argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Canadian Manufacturing story on Argo

Canadian Manufacturing story on Argo

I thought this article had some interesting facts about the number of machines Argo sells each year and their annual revenue: Argo: the story behind the hulking eight-wheeled ATV you always wanted - Canadian Manufacturing

2000 standard Argos per year
    200 XTD/XTI machines per year
    $65 million in annual revenue

That's a little over 6 machines per day (all 365 days) or roughly 8.5 machines per day if you only count 5 business days each week with no holidays.

interesting,thanks for posting.

Cool didn't think this was a 60mm + industry...WOW!

Thanks Mike.
    I recently was invited to tour ODG,and couldn't have been more exited to see this place than a 12 year old kid visiting willy wonka and the chocolate factory!
    The first place I got to visit was the r&d, lots of cool stuff being thought up here.Then we toured the gear plant, where they were making precision gears, the smallest I saw was a gear that goes into everyones electric meter at home, to super high tollerance gears made for the logging industry.
    Then, I got to see the holy grail of it all...where argos are made.I was impressed how all the metal parts are coated inside and out,ie the tubing.Then I got to see how a sheet of plastic gets transformed into the top of an argo...cool!
    They run two production lines, one for the XT's,and one for all other units,and it sounds like when they get really busy,they can run three shifts.The one thing I really wanted to see, but didn't get that far, was seeing a tranny get built, and tested.
    The one thing that really suprised me the most however,was having dinner with all the "big wigs". I can't thank them enough for taking the time to talk with us,and share their enthusiasm and passion for argos.I actually got to meet the original owner,whos father started the company in germany I believe.
    The real icing on the cake came later that day when all the units argo make where lined up outside, I mean ALL of them,search and rescue,the new outfitter, and scout,XT units,the duck comander....all of them...maybe 30?,they all had the keys in...eeennnyy meeeenynnny miiiiiinnyyy moe,take your pick, and take it to the "testing grounds" 100yds away, where we got to play,er test any unit we wanted.The one that didnt get dirty, and was under a tent next to the testing grounds was the LX.....WOW...cranberry and silver,new beadlock tires,high speed tranny,and last but not least....a HUGE marine grade stereo,huge amp,and I believe 6 speakers...LOUD! This unit would fit in perfect at mud nationals in texas!!!!
    Thanks again ODG for taking the time, a trip not soon forgotten!!

Quote Originally Posted by foxvalley View Post
    Thanks Mike.
    I recently was invited to tour ODG,and couldn't have been more exited to see this place than a 12 year old kid visiting willy wonka and the chocolate factory!
    The first place I got to visit was the r&d, lots of cool stuff being thought up here.Then we toured the gear plant, where they were making precision gears, the smallest I saw was a gear that goes into everyones electric meter at home, to super high tollerance gears made for the logging industry.
    Then, I got to see the holy grail of it all...where argos are made.I was impressed how all the metal parts are coated inside and out,ie the tubing.Then I got to see how a sheet of plastic gets transformed into the top of an argo...cool!
    They run two production lines, one for the XT's,and one for all other units,and it sounds like when they get really busy,they can run three shifts.The one thing I really wanted to see, but didn't get that far, was seeing a tranny get built, and tested.
    The one thing that really suprised me the most however,was having dinner with all the "big wigs". I can't thank them enough for taking the time to talk with us,and share their enthusiasm and passion for argos.I actually got to meet the original owner,whos father started the company in germany I believe.
    The real icing on the cake came later that day when all the units argo make where lined up outside, I mean ALL of them,search and rescue,the new outfitter, and scout,XT units,the duck comander....all of them...maybe 30?,they all had the keys in...eeennnyy meeeenynnny miiiiiinnyyy moe,take your pick, and take it to the "testing grounds" 100yds away, where we got to play,er test any unit we wanted.The one that didnt get dirty, and was under a tent next to the testing grounds was the LX.....WOW...cranberry and silver,new beadlock tires,high speed tranny,and last but not least....a HUGE marine grade stereo,huge amp,and I believe 6 speakers...LOUD! This unit would fit in perfect at mud nationals in texas!!!!
    Thanks again ODG for taking the time, a trip not soon forgotten!!
    Great story, thanks for sharing that.

+ Reply to Thread