Tire Paddles

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tire Paddles

I had my max II out again this weekend, I got down in my buddies creek and couldnt had no control what so ever in the water, it just wanted to go straight! but in reverse, man I could point the direction and it would go, no problem at all! I have the good year rawhides on mine that were new when I bought it, is there any reason why i have so much better power in reverse?

MikeyM

Are your tire treads facing forward and pointing in the direction you want go, in this case forward? If not, swap them around for better swimming!

Max 6 Wheel Drive

no they are facing rear like everyone says, but im tempted to switch them around and see what happens

I know Ill get corrected if Im wrong. But on the MaxII I believe that the nose sits down lower in the water than the rear. The rear tires will have more of their upper side sticking out of the water. With it setting like that. The paddles on the tires ( the chevrons), work more efficiently. Like that of the paddle wheel on a river boat. If you take notice to the paddle design. Only the bottom of the paddle wheel sits in the water. With your tires submerged. they are paddling on the bottom, but as they come to the top they are paddling the water the other-way. Kinda cancelling out the intended motion.

zoood

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyM View Post
    I had my max II out again this weekend, I got down in my buddies creek and couldnt had no control what so ever in the water, it just wanted to go straight! but in reverse, man I could point the direction and it would go, no problem at all! I have the good year rawhides on mine that were new when I bought it, is there any reason why i have so much better power in reverse?

mine seems to sit pretty level in the water, doesnt dive in the front like an argo. I would really like to upgrade to some chevrons once my rawhides wear out...but their new so I maybe waiting a while. Im going to bring it out to my buddies pond and we are going to test out tire combinations to see which way to set the tires for the best speed

+ Reply to Thread