Thoughts on this Kobalt air compressor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on this Kobalt air compressor

Thoughts on this Kobalt air compressor

Hello all, I was curious if anyone on here has had one of these kobalt air compressors and what their thoughts are on them? They seem to have great reviews and are not badly priced. I was thinking about picking one up so that I can finally do a little plastic welding but wanted to see if anyone on here had any thoughts on them. Thanks!

Shop Kobalt 1.5-HP 3-Gallon 155-PSI 120-Volt Hot Dog Portable Electric Air Compressor at Lowes.com
    -Attex ST/300/D - "The Duck." Family owned since the early '70's
    -Attex ST/300/D- Resto/mod project! (not yet started)
    -Attex 440 Thunderchief Racer (not yet started)
    -Attex ST/400 (not yet started)
    -Hustler 980 BIGFOOT- A work in progress (SOLD)
    -1999 Max Buffalo Truck (SOLD)
    -1989 Max IV - A Max four my kids. (In progress)

Non-response is probably just from a lack of experience with this particular model. It's hard to argue with ratings like that though. Sorry that I'm no help.

I don't have that model, but have one pretty much the same size. As far as plastic welding goes it 'worked' but it ran almost nonstop. I bigger tank with more reserve volume would be better. Good price tho.

Hey Martin,

Get the input air requirements for your welder then look at the Specs for the compressor.

Thanks for the info, guys. Yeah, I wanted to go bigger but couldn't get over the reviews on this one and the price of it. Not knowing how fast this would fill back up and not wanting something that would just run non-stop are my biggest worries. I'll have to check the box on my plastic welder for any specs because I don't think it came with a manual (I purchased it used from craigslist).
    -Attex ST/300/D - "The Duck." Family owned since the early '70's
    -Attex ST/300/D- Resto/mod project! (not yet started)
    -Attex 440 Thunderchief Racer (not yet started)
    -Attex ST/400 (not yet started)
    -Hustler 980 BIGFOOT- A work in progress (SOLD)
    -1999 Max Buffalo Truck (SOLD)
    -1989 Max IV - A Max four my kids. (In progress)

CFM is the key as more cfm means quicker recoup, size of tank makes a difference for the reserve and a small tank will cycle more but fill faster.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread