First Responder SAR unit

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Responder SAR unit

First Responder SAR unit

SAR3.jpgSAR12.jpg
    Sorry, this is a demo unit and not for sale at this time.

We just recieved our new SAR(search and resque)demo unit yesterday,and would like to share this here, as this is something not always seen.
    This unit is built off the 750 HDI platform, and some of the features are:
    winch/brushguard
    18" argo rubber tracks
    HDbelt
    auto chain oiler
    bilge
    whelen siren acc.
    whelen brush guard light acc.
    whelen perimeter lights
    folding light bar
    stretcher basket/frame
    PA system
    The light bar folds down,and with the stretcher removed,the stretcher frame can fold up to allow a passenger in the front.
    I havnt had a chance to really look this over, and take it for a spin, but I will post more pics when I do.

First Responder SAR unit.jpg
    Last edited by Fox Valley Argo Sales; 03-03-2016 at 11:04 AM.

Nice looking machine that I am sure will be of great benefit. However, I think there should be a canopy for winter month as this would help prevent cold injuries such as frostbite and hypothermia for both causality and responder.
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

Hey guyfox!

I agree,however, my sales rep is the one that determined the options for this unit.A hardtop would be the best for something like this,with a large door in the back.

The big issue with this type of unit is the added weight and loss of amphibious capability when you add all the accessories. Is there anybody that makes light weight ROPs and stretcher packages?
    The Argo tracks weigh about 300# and take away from the buoyancy and do not swim. My buddys FD has a unit is similar equipped and lost allot of capacity and capability when they started installing ROPS and tracks. The intent was to make a Swiss Army knife, and ended up with a butter Knife.
    Acta non verba

I agree, there are better track options,my choice would be the most aggressive, swimmable track, that would cover any situation,and that would be the adair pro series with both winter kits.The stretcher,frame, and rops however, add about as much weight as a person. This unit will be worth its weight in diamonds if it can save just one life.

I hqve always felt thos tracks are fine for snow but not so much for amphibious work.

The design of the 8x8 argo lends its self well to SAR.

As a former SAR member/volunteer I was hoping we would get an Argo for use.

The ability to operate unit and have the subject in litter and attendant in back iz paramount to paitient care.

I hqve seen UTV's with a litter setup and honestly I do not like them as much as the Argo.

Also as much as I like the Mudox the mid engine design doesnt work as well as Argo's forward engine.

Now if only Argo would work on a better transmission thqt truly allowed for zero turn radius and counter rotation...

Some Adair or chan el tracks and maybe a well constructed AL ROPS cqge to keep weight down along with even a canvas/material top for extreme weather....GOLDEN.

Nice rig ya got there ��
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Thanks for the input riotwarrior
    Yes, there are modifications to inprove this unit,first, this thing has to swim,and be able to handle any situation,and the rubber and plastic argo tracks are not it.
    I just got this unit back,and I have a demo to do with it, and the rubber tracks are comming off,and a set of 14.5" argo pro series are going on.The fire chiefs that I will be doing the demo for have areas where this will have to cross a body of water,and swimming is needed,as all SAR units should be able to do, not knowing the situation that this will be needed for.
    The admiral tranny in LOW gear is extremely aggressive and will turn 180 in the length of itself.
    I also agree that there should be a top,hard or convertable to keep everybody warm and dry,I would like to experiment here,and find the best top that would work the best for this unit,I hope that a prototype hard top is in the works soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Valley Argo Sales View Post
    Thanks for the input riotwarrior
    Yes, there are modifications to inprove this unit,first, this thing has to swim,and be able to handle any situation,and the rubber and plastic argo tracks are not it.
    I just got this unit back,and I have a demo to do with it, and the rubber tracks are comming off,and a set of 14.5" argo pro series are going on.The fire chiefs that I will be doing the demo for have areas where this will have to cross a body of water,and swimming is needed,as all SAR units should be able to do, not knowing the situation that this will be needed for.
    The admiral tranny in LOW gear is extremely aggressive and will turn 180 in the length of itself.
    I also agree that there should be a top,hard or convertable to keep everybody warm and dry,I would like to experiment here,and find the best top that would work the best for this unit,I hope that a prototype hard top is in the works soon.
    Well maybe some insulated tarp material on an aluminum cage for a top...something to roll up for warm weather but if rain came it coukd roll down quickly.

The idea I see is lighter than a hardtop amd thats important...also roll windows/sides up crossing water for quick egress and to help aleviate the SAIL effect a large HT would pose.

Thinking outloud from experience with SAR in the past.

There was a particular search where a tracked argo would have been ideal for sure..quads and utv couldnt get through the mud...

Make sure take lots pics and vid...would love see the beast in action

Al
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

SAR rubber track removal.jpgSAR unit with adair tracks.jpgBecause the SAR unit must cover a variety of conditions,the rubber tracks are a handycap if the unit has to swim, so I am removing then to refit with the 14.5" adair pro series tracks. This is how I am going to demo this if there is any chance that the client will have to swim.Being temporary,I left the 2.5" spacers on, as not sure how long the pro series will be on. Notice the sag in the rubber, 4 corners were set at factory with about 3.5 psi along with the rest of the tires,and could use more air, but some of the sag also comes from the weight of the rubber tracks themselves. Pro series are set at 7 psi.

+ Reply to Thread