Argo Avenger Test Ride

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argo Avenger Test Ride

Argo Avenger Test Ride

A Friend of mine got himself an Argo Avenger, so I had to go for a ride with him to see how it's working out. Really nice machine (other than the Hand Brake, I don't like that too much). Takes a little "getting used to" going to the Handle Bar type steering.
    This is the reason that I am looking for bigger tires for my Conquest, the extra clearance of the Avenger makes quite a difference.
    Here is a look at the trail we went for a ride on. There were also a couple Conquests on the trail with us.

Rock Doc

Doc, looks like another excellent video and another day of fun with your argo. It's has got to be a blast to have such a great place to ride with freinds. That Avenger really looks nice. That is one of the vehicles I was strongly considering when I bought my Max
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 08-05-2007 at 10:09 PM.

Looks like you are quite the pink Floyd fan

I am also a great pink Floyd fan

lol, I do like some of there stuff, but it's more that they have tunes long enough to fit the vids I have been making. It was a friend of mine that suggested them when I was crying about not having any fitting music to go with the vids.

another cool video. I liked that the dog ran along beside you!

AVENGER

going back to route6x6
    Last edited by gearhead; 07-20-2017 at 08:19 AM.

Gearhead

I appreciate the info about the Avenger, they are really nice machines. The main reason I didn't buy one is there are no dealers in this area and I didn't want to lay out that much coin without giving a it real test drive. They are nice but they are also big and that's great for cargo, but a handicap in the woods. Still they look extremely nice and I believe they would do pretty well in the swamps of this area. Hey I would really like to know how the escargo tracks worked for you. They look awsome, but I am wondering if they put to much stress on the drive train. DAN
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 08-06-2007 at 08:27 AM.

gearhead,
    ROCKDOCTOR-I sold my CONQUEST with 920 hours on it and I found that if I went anywhere serious it needed tracks I used ESCARGO tracks though I had the plastic ones for winter too.I bought an AVENGER and in my opinion this machine is 3 times the machine my CONQUEST was and I use it without tracks .
    Hi gearhead, It is quite an impressive machine. Do you have the fuel injected or carbed version. The one I was in is carbed, but still seems to have tons of power, we never shifted into low at all on that little ride we did.
    I will probably stick with the Argos that I have for now, parts cost me almost nothing. I do like the extra clearance that the Avenger has, that really makes a big difference where I ride.
    RD

DOC, your videos are the best!

They are good! Takes some effort to keep the head from moving too much.

+ Reply to Thread