Engine bogs down and stalls on incline

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Engine bogs down and stalls on incline

Engine bogs down and stalls on incline

Took my max IV with 16 hp b&s down a fairly steep hill and as I turned and start d back up the, the engine had no power. It finally just died. I tried restarting a couple of times and it would start but would have no power or torque. Finally it start d and I took off up the hill. Probably 3 minutes lapsed time. Culprit?

Check your oil level.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Sorry for the delay. Busy week. The oil level is good. The engine seems to bog down and quit when i run the snot out of it like it gets too hot or something. A good incline or a nice jolt to the machine as i go over an obstacle at speed it dies. I let it sit and it will start in a few minutes, but it bogs down and will choke down and die when you give it throttle. I fool with the choke, unscrew the gas cap, curse, hold my mouth just right and it wil finally straighten out and it will run like a banshee for a few more minutes. Then, the cycle repeats itself. Any thoughts?

Check the tank for a floater, check the fuel line, possibly check the cap, open the carb and check for debris in the bowl which is probable cause along with something in the tank causing the jarring-incline induced coughing.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

Thank you sir. I will check all of the above. Sure is fun when it is running! Will be a couple of days but i will report back. Thanks again.

Try a compression check if those items don't pan out. It may be the engine is worn or at least getting worn out. Life as an air cooled motor is hard.

try new fuel filter and also check for water in the tank.

Im thinking maybe drain fuel, inspect tank, and start over with fresh gas. I have new fuel line and filter.

If you have all that and don't care to know why it was doing it, rebuild the carb and you should be good to go.
    A compression test is always good to know.

plus the leadown test will tell you right where prob is for the most part it whispers it in yours ears. might be a slight blow head gasket as well

+ Reply to Thread