G50B Plugs

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G50B Plugs

G50B Plugs

Anyone using NGK plugs in their chapparal g50b?.....if so, what number? It has champion l82c in it now, but I cant find a clean cross to an NGK. Looks like B6HS thru B9HS? Nothing against the champions, just that the place I get all my other stuff only has ngk.

Thanks

My manual (1977) says Champion N3. Can't find that even in a Champion book. Not sure were I found the cross reference but I'm running NGK B8ES plugs in mine. Not a big surprise as those are the same plugs I run in my 2SeaDoo HX's (720cc) and Kawasaki JetSkiis (440cc and 550cc). I'm not sure the difference between NGK ES and HS is. Sure someone on the board can give us all a detailed spark plug class.
    Mike

I believe that you can use NGK B8ES plugs. That's what I've been using for my JLO engines (340 and 400) and I believe they are also the replacements for the G50B. I hope so anyway because that's what I planned on using in my G50B.
    Banned

The B8ES plug is what I use in the Chap, in the Cuyuna JLO, and in the Rotax. REEEEEALLY jinxing myself here, but I've run the same pair of NGKs in the Rotax for... let's see..... 3 years? Granted, it doesn't see THAT much use, but there is quite a bit of time on those puppies...

~M

Thanks guys! I'm not sure where the L82C champions came from, but they are a 1/2" reach instead of the 3/4 of the B8ES. The "E" stands for 3/4....the L82 was crossed to a B8HS that is 1/2" reach, the N3 to a B8ES.

I orderd up the B8ES....this site is great

Looked on Champions web site and the RN3C was the replacement for the N3. I think the B8ES NGK is a better replacement.
    Mike

I finally got my Superchief! It is in incredible condition for a '78. I have to admit I was disappointed at first, it fired right up but ran like a pig....real sluggish and seemed down on power....which made it very hard to maneuver at slow speeds. All I did was get rid of the short L82C champions (both plugs were loose too!) and put in a fresh set of NGK B8ES and yahooooooooo! Runs great now!

I have to admit buying this on ebay and trying to get it shipped had me spitting blood for weeks.....but I am more than happy now. This thing is incredible.....the wife and kids love it too. I'll post some pics soon.

Thanks again for the help

Ron
    Last edited by Tango42; 06-17-2008 at 08:15 AM.

Careful with those loose plugs! Just ask HydroMike.
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread