Eng.swap Questions:

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eng.swap Questions:

Eng.swap Questions:

hey guys,i swapped the 14hp with a 23hp vanguard.will i be ok using the same muffler and flex pipe that the max11 came with? it sounds ok.all i did was cut the exhaust manifold from the go-devil and welded it to the flex in the max.
    also,the 23 has been sitting up for a few months,it cranks up and will run for a few minutes,then it dies and will not crank.wait a while,it cranks and dies again.i have the carb off to clean it,hopefully clogged jet or something.i also found out there are two wires going to the carb.like on a yamaha.
    any advice would be appreciated.

Those wires are to shut fuel off when you have the key off. When you have key on you get 12V to that fuel selonid to open, so make sure it is working by checking for 12V at that red wire when trying to start. You can go to the Briggs web site and get free info on your engine wiring. Just need your model number. I also have the 23HP in my Max II. Runs real strong...

SHABBY 51

Did The Max Come With The 23 Or Dit You Install It?

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW View Post
    Did The Max Come With The 23 Or Dit You Install It?
    it comes with a 23 k . not a 23 briggs . robbie .
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

+ Reply to Thread