"Tracks" the footprint or the traction question.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Tracks" the footprint or the traction question.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOTGUN View Post
    Couple problems with most of "US GUYS" giving you a direct best recommendation is that most of us have only ran one or two styles of tracks, so what I feel is great performance in my conditions may not be the best performing track possible for the conditions. Also all of us are to some degree guilty with the pride of my track works good so it could be the best. Lastly most of us have very different conditions and need/use the various machines differently. The best thing to to is evaluate what job you need the tracks to do and read the many reviews on this site of each track. Sort through the fluff and break down the key attributes of each track and then make your decision.
    My feelings also, which is why I directed him to a user of 2 different styles of tracks right where his conditions are. I do not know of or believe there is anyone down there with any of the other tracks except the Buffalo down there with Max tracks (Clean Venture), however what this gentleman will tell him is whether or not to avoid plastic or rubber for whatever reason he as a user has experienced.

For instance, if I had to run up a long steep concrete boat ramp everyday coming out of a small creek I probably wouldn't consider using plastic tracks for safety reasons, no matter who makes them. Traction and floatation become a bit tricky in the phragmites as del wrote trying to find the balance between staying on top of them and being able to get on top of them.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks for great responses, I went to PSE&G today and they are away for Easter break, but I did talk to someone up at the department of defense (DoD) ground by the commodore berry bridge, and weeks dredge they use argo's with factory tracks so I'm going up there to see what they have. I'm not shure what a factory Argo tracks are (rubber or plastic) but I guess it might depend on the year.

You can talk with Dave tribbet down that ways also, another dredger down there from the estuary project. Think he has had 3-5 Marines both 6&8 wheelers.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

You seem to know something about this area I'm in. Where only about 1 hr apart. One of these days if you feel like making a few extra dollars come on down with your machine and show us a few tricks. My problem is that I'm getting into this 6/8 wheeling stuff now and it's getting to be an obsession.

Welcome to the Dark Side!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Delduck View Post
    You seem to know something about this area I'm in. Where only about 1 hr apart. One of these days if you feel like making a few extra dollars come on down with your machine and show us a few tricks. My problem is that I'm getting into this 6/8 wheeling stuff now and it's getting to be an obsession.
    We'll see if I can get down there but no promises today, most of what was wrote was direct feedback from these individuals and others working in that area. I personally have no stick time down there in that situation.

I will tell you this, if crossing any of the tidal stuff you will need an outboard, when that area recedes it sucks hard, it can take you out fast and has a tremendous pull.

That part I deal with on a regular basis, we do a lot of duck and goose hunting in that area, depending on what were hunting we run 23 hp mud motors, or 18' G3"s, our largest rig is a 26' sea hawk. The tides drop 4-5 feet and the mud is something I wouldn't even try to drive on or better yet threw.

+ Reply to Thread