Vanguard 23 questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vanguard 23 questions

Vanguard 23 questions

Ive got a line on a pretty cheap brand new Vanny 23. However the air cleaner cover states it is a LP and NG motor.
    Also the engine will need a new wiring harness, front shroud and a different crank because the one in it is tapered. I have an 18 vanguard but I'd rather not have to rob the crank from it.
    So my questions:
    Will the existing carb work with gasoline? The seller says that because there is a fuel hookup on the carb it is no longer a LP/NG motor

Does anybody know any ballpark costs for the wiring harness and shroud? I hear a new crank is about $150.

Thanks guys
    Last edited by 18vanguardFL; 04-14-2016 at 02:04 PM.

Would need to have a carb, LP setup will not run gasoline. a new crankshaft is more like $275 and it can't be removed without pulling the pistons and rods.

Photos ?

That's what I figured. I will try to post some pictures up soon. Thanks for your help guys

I talked to my mechanic about it, apparently there is a lot more that goes into converting an LP motor into a gasoline motor than just the carb. I'm gonna hold off, even if it is a $300 motor.

+ Reply to Thread