amphicat restore

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: amphicat restore

amphicat restore

I've been checking this site out for some time now and I've been getting some good info. so I thought I should start on my amphicat project and maybe get some more good info or maybe help someone else out with future projects.
    Before I start a little something about me. I'm a diesel truck coach mechanic by trade. I have worked on anything with an engine. I've been taking things apart since I can walk. Haven't put anything back together and running till I was about 12. Lol. I guess it was in my blood.
    Now to the project. My wife was looking f://or a parts Terra Jet for her's and come across a friend that was cleaning up there dad's yard and was getting rid of one with this amphicat (they didn't know what it was). told us we could have them for $150 can. we jump on it and they delivered them to my house no extra cost. I've always wanted a argo I guess this will do. The guy that dropped it off said they ran it last year but tires will not move. That night I couldn't wait so out with flash light and started looking at it. I ended up finding the chain cases had about 4 inches of ice in the bottom. 3 days later and I got things freed up enough to get moving. now I've only been working on it for about a week and got body apart and cleaned. there was about 3 inches of grease and leaves in bottom of the unit. Got frame out Steam cleaned body and frame. and now working on the body work.
    Once I figure out how to attach photos I have a few. Keep forgetting to take pics.

Good find for you, good luck with it.

That's the first time I've seen a hatchet in a disassembly picture.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Gonna be a fun one, keep pics coming.
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

got little bit of body work done.

it looks like someone fixed the bottom corners with fiberglass. I hit fiberglass with hammer and cannot get it to chip. It seems to be bonded not to bad. big question in my mind is "should I sand down to the plastic and repair with abs plastic or leave it and hope for the best?"
    I was playing with the trans and noticed that the low range not working so I cleaned and tore down and found this.

that gear missing teeth has me thinking on what to do about the trans. anyone have any parts?

+ Reply to Thread