Kid 8x8 diesel help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kid 8x8 diesel help

Kid 8x8 diesel help

I just bought a 1970-71 amphibious kid 8x8 with Perkins diesel in it yesterday, someone has stolen the starter off of it but was told it does run, does anyone know what size motor this is in it?, or know what type starter to get to replace the stolen one?, also I see on this forum the pdf's on the kid 4 cylinder gas engine 8x8 but no diesel 8x8 ones does anyone have a engine pdf on the Perkins diesel. Thanks.

How many cylinders does it have? Most Perkins are stamped with the model in the block serial number or on a tag riveted to the side of it.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

It has 4 cylinders, diesel, looked everywhere today for number but can't seem to find it, it's factory 70 diesel.

Kid diesel 8x8 help

I just bought a 1970-71 amphibious kid 8x8 with Perkins diesel in it yesterday, someone has stolen the starter off of it but was told it does run, does anyone know what size motor this is in it?, or know what type starter to get to replace the stolen one?, also I see on this forum the pdf's on the kid 4 cylinder gas engine 8x8 but no diesel 8x8 ones does anyone have a engine pdf on the Perkins diesel. Thanks.
    Attached Images

There's another members picture of same engine I have above I found on this forum

Google : Perkins Diesel serial number location. I found a couple of sights that have diagrams of number locations. Should help...... lots of sights that sell parts...... call them!!!

Ok found serial number it says 108U2 9135, it's a 4 cylinder I believe it to be a Perkins 4.108, but it has a secondary fuel pump from a Perkins 4.107 2 bolt on it?, 108 supposed to have 4 bolt but this one only has 2 bolt holes in block, I called diesel experts and they seem to think it definitely is a early transition engine that used 4.107 parts but block is 4.108, o really need a starter for this, I'd hate to have to buy both starters just to see, also there is hydraulic fluid coming from starter hole is this a wet clutch flywheel?

Go to the manual section on the home page and look in the Kid manuals for info. The kid uses a gear drive off the crankshaft to turn both vickers pumps. The gear housing take oil..... there should not be hydraulic fluid anywhere because regular severe duty oil is used in everything. You may have a seal leak at the crank or the input to the gear case.

It can't be rear seal on engine because oil is black haven't changed it yet, maybe vickers pumps have leak?, oil is clear, also has oil fill on bell housing left side engine

+ Reply to Thread