HELP First time owner of 1970 attex 6x6! baker hill 7000 tranny issues

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: HELP First time owner of 1970 attex 6x6! baker hill 7000 tranny issues

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    If you are messing with the outer disc, the outer bearings may have snaprings, most parts are pressed /driven onto the main shaft so may need pulling off.
    Look at the manual, I think the 5000 manual was clearer explanations last time I looked
    Does it matter what disk goes on what side? they both look the same, and i got it put back together and started, but it just wont go?? the shaft is spinning really fast but the disk are not catching or something? im stuck? im so close to having it working smoothly

Recheck your control stick adjustments , sounds like pucks are not grabbing
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Question Baker Hill 7000 is still giving me problems, im so close and dont want to give up!

This would be the 3rd time putting it back together after taking it apart to replace parts. I thought for sure this was it and it would work fine, but it wont work and im stuck! Does it matter which disks go on either end? I cannot tell the two apart so i dont know if i have the disks on the right end or not or does it not matter? im just trying to figure out why it will engage and pull when its not running but as soon as that motor starts and the shaft starts spinning there is something not catching and the chains wont move?
    I made a video sorry its crappy i needed my cousins help but he explains it at the end any tips or info would be great, im so close.

https://youtu.be/SF0scvOGm74
    Last edited by Mike; 05-25-2016 at 07:40 PM. Reason: merged another thread on the same topic

So in short and possibly explained wrong. I've changed terminology
    When the inner rotor spins power is transferred away from the outer disc allowing neutral or braking of the chains and wheels, this is enacted by the force of the brake pads (discs) on the outer rotors is applied and the inner brakes are released on the inner rotor.
    The drive of each side is enacted when the brakes are applied to the inner rotors and the brakes on the outer rotors is relaxed.

So if your brakes are out of adjustment your trans will not work properly.

Don probably has a clearer and precise description of the actions, but as I first stated in your other post if all the gears and splines were good on each end you are left with brake adjustment or repair.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

The 2 discs do not "Connect and pull"
    The inner disc must be stopped to transfer the power to the outer drive disc. They do not "lock" together.

The outer discs are interchangeable from side to side- doesn't matter which side they go on. It looks like the calipers are out of adjustment to me. When you push the sticks forward the arm on the caliper should push backwards and stop the inner disc. The adjustment for the inner disc pad is an allen screw on the back side of the caliper. The other adjuster is for the brake disc.

One other thing you may want to change: The RPM is too high to change gears. The straight-cut cogs in the reversing unit will round off if they keep grinding and eventually the trans will pop out of gear by itself. the input pulley should be stopped or nearly stopped when you change gears.

Hope this helps.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Anyone else have a BakerHill 7000? Please read

Just wondering if anyone else has a baker hill 7000 and can send me some pictures an make a video of it running and running while its moving so i can compare it to mine. please. I have been working on mine for over a month and im at a dead end, it still wont work. greatly appreciated!

pm sent
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

Maybe you got it figured out, no reply to my pm sent but I believe I figured out how to link this video, I bet I could have rebuilt my whole Attex in the time it took me to do it

https://goo.gl/photos/URtUDqd8oi6acKpc6
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

Andy I believe he has that part figured out, it's the actual drive part he can't figure. Perhaps a video showing the operation of the sticks in forward and back showing the discs stop and go.
    Better jack it up to do that so you don't run yourself over.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread