Land Tamer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Land Tamer

Land Tamer

Hello everyone, I am new to the whole idea of 6x6, most of my life I have been 2,3,4 wheels, so 6x6 is a completely new adventure. Got an option to purchase a Land Tamer, from what I can tell it has to be one of the first 2 years that it was out because it has the Model A style hood that folds up vs the newer sleek looking one. I think there is 1100hrs on the unit and a few known issues. Looks like the head gasket blew on it, white smoke and milky oil, the master cylinders need to be replaced. The person has a master cylinder, tires are dry rotted, but he has the tubes for it. Plus he does have the second set of tires making it a 12 wheeler. Also has the old style jet ski setup in the back to move the aatv in the water. Everything runs though, even though the issues I mentioned
    Bottom line he is looking to get 3K for it. Not sure how much these things go for, so I have way of judging the amount of work vs the actual selling price. Plus if I wanted to sell it would I get my money back out. Hopefully some of you can give me some insight.

Thanks

Hello Jackyl, welcome to the forum. There are so few Land Tamer owners on the board, I don't know that you will get a very good response. Also, there really aren't a lot of Land Tamers popping up for sale compared to other ATVs. A few hit ebay from time to time. I don't remember seeing any for sale where they weren't asking 10's of thousands of dollars for them. That, along with the low asking price would make me take a chance on it if I were in your shoes and wanting a project. I would offer the guy $1500 for it and see what he says.

Just plan on replacing most of the parts including bearings, tires, parts to rebuild the motor, etc. and budget accordingly. If it is like some of the smaller, more popular AATVs, you can expect to put a few thousand dollars into it in order to have a reliable machine. The unknowns are the speciality parts specific to Land Tamer. Those are the parts that will probably be difficult to source and/or expensive.

Good luck with the purchase.

I would definitely not pay more than 2500$ but if you can get it for that then id say go for it but like mike said. It takes alot of maintaining for any machine of old ish age and if you do it yourself then that will definitely save you money$$!
    Goodluck qnd let us know how it goes!

+ Reply to Thread