Hoot ETV 2002

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hoot ETV 2002

the alumahoot is going to have an Argo transmission in it. I'm not sure if the T-20 would fit.

I really thought about buying one of these when they came out ,but settled for a Lil Critter AV-4. That drive looks pretty wimpy to me, look at the size of that sprocket !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzah View Post
    the alumahoot is going to have an Argo transmission in it. I'm not sure if the T-20 would fit.
    After seeing that engineering degree valedictorian concoction, either of those trans would be my option.
    There are plenty different designs like that that didn't hold up in these type machines.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    After seeing that engineering degree valedictorian concoction, either of those trans would be my option.
    There are plenty different designs like that that didn't hold up in these type machines.
    My thought exactly, kind of like a Rube Goldberg creation. I do think a small Borg-Warner transaxle would fit, and they are so simple in design too.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    i believe the original concept max2 had a belt drive similar to the Hoot. i think with proper adjustment the system should work well. The reversing tires are a very clever idea. obviously friction drives require maintenance for the wearing surfaces . corrosion and lubrication in the wrong area would be a big problem.
    Acta non verba

Hey Swfleur, I've recently picked up a Hoot. Any question you have feel free to ask me or things you want to compare between them. Can you see any belt numbers on your belts?

Anyone still have their hoot? I am looking for the main drive belt part number.

did you get anywhere with the main drive belt? I am also looking for all the belts
    MadDog19

I will be looking for belts as well. The current search is tires.. deetstone d930 look decent compared to Strykers which I cant seem to find here in ontario

+ Reply to Thread