Hoot ETV 2002

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hoot ETV 2002

Hoot ETV 2002

I'm the new owner of a HOOT 6x6 ( hopefully the proud new owner
    Wife says I got issues cause now I have a MaxII and a Hoot

Anyone one have any feedback or suggestions for this new owner, she looks in good shape, Paid under 1000 for it, needs some carb work and new belts and a few other things but nothing major ( I hope )

The photo is not of mine but pretty much the exact same model and color,I wish it was green but oh well

Any idea where I can get parts ? What might be the down side to the Hoots, if any? Thanks
    Attached Images

Congrats on the find. Hoots are cool machines, and rare. I've seen a grand total of two ever. The seating position is about the most dandy that I've ever seen on an AATV. I drove one a short time and I thought that they were slick in their design and had a great ride for this type of machine. It appears you got a steal on it for $1k and I'm sure you could make money if you so choose.
    Parts are for the most part, universal type items that most parts houses can provide. The Kohler motor is a bit undersized, but as long as you don't thrash the machine, should be more than adequate.
    I think the only down side, and this is from what I've read that owner's have posted, is that the fiberglass body work is thin and the lower front in particular is prone to damage from impact. Maybe if you rigged up a HDPE or UHMW skid plate, you could avoid those issues.
    Keep us posted on the progress, I'd love to see some footage of this machine in action once you have gone through it.

[QUOTE=swfleur;200070]I'm the new owner of a HOOT 6x6 ( hopefully the proud new owner
    Wife says I got issues cause now I have a MaxII and a Hoot

Great find! And no you don't have issues. Aatv's are just like potato chips, you can't have just one
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Good find my friend. That's a steel for under $1000.00. I'm going to have to make a trip up to see it some time.

Ive worked on a couple that both had electrical problems. Both had gotten water into small relays on right side of engine compartment. Near where your right knee is when seated. They were facing down and wouldn't shed water and filled up. If yours has the controll relays turn them solid side up and tywrap in place. A very fun vehicle to drive.

I got the Hoot running
    But now I'm struggling with adjusting the clutch / brake for steering. I have adjusted the cables and the brake tension and the swing arm, but she does not want to go right turn very well. The manual from Knox is pretty crappy. I'm thinking if I can rebuild my max T20 and an attex baker hill tranny, than this should be a breeze, but somebody help me please ?!? What's the deal with adjusting swing arm brake cables, steering cables? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also looks like I need a new reverse friction wheel on one side. She's fun to ride but I need that right turn. I'm hoping it's just gonna need a proper adjustment of brake swing arm cable thingy

I have a friend in West Virginia that was the hoot dealer here. I'll call him tomorrow. Pm me with phone # and I'll pass it on.

Sean, you can have my reverse friction wheel from the hoot that I took apart. My wife would love to see those parts go.
    Last edited by Jezzah; 05-14-2016 at 10:45 AM. Reason: my English is bad :-)

Thanks J tank are you going to put a T20 in your alum a hoot? This pulley tranny brake thing I have seems like a pain in the ass so far ,

Here are some pics of the drive assy. Please have a look and see if you see anything odd. I'm wondering about the springs that are on the swing arm forward adjustment bolts. You can also see the right side reverse pulley seems like it was an old tricycle wheel The brake hand lever adjustment cable seems hokey, I will be upgrading that soon.

I did get a call from the man in Virginia / Alaska. It was really nice chatting with him and he gave me some helpful hints on what to check, but, he could not remember how to make adjustments because it had been way too long Oh well , he might hook me up with a fella in Canada that could offer some assistance.

I know there are experts lurking out there so please chime in with your Hoot comments if you are experienced. You may also chime in with any wise-cracks if need be
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread