The suburban Hustler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: The suburban Hustler

Hustler belt

Can you supply me with the belt information that you used on your hustler build,??
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

I went through a few different belts before I settled on the one I have. I tried ordering heavy duty and powersports belts based on the dimensions I needed, spending over $100 on a couple of them, and they either were still wrong or broke very quickly. Surprisingly, the one that worked was a seemingly standard belt I found somewhere on here. It is an A&I Products A-301195 K, suggested for a Comet clutch (which I have).

Here are some choices:

on Amazon

on Ebay

The Suburban Hustler

Quote Originally Posted by SeanD View Post
    I've been "Hustling" to get the last things done on the 6x6 before it's ready to sell. I don't know why but I often seem to cope with the unfinished bits right until it's time to sell, then everything gets done at once for the next guy.

The gas tank bolts needed some reinforcing, and my two year old needed something to hold. I went about building a grab bar for the front.

I was very excited to finally use the pipe bender with success.

Then there was the engine cover. I started it months ago but abandoned it when it didn't go my way. In the meantime I came up with much better ideas. I added solar to keep the battery topped up, and I found a very cool 14 gauge perforated metal at HD. Way better than the expanded metal I thought I was going to have to use.

The floors were my last problem. I had done most of the cutting and mounting earlier to keep childrens' shoelaces out of chains and sprockets, but again- never finished them. I found a garage floor diamond plate looking rubber mat at Auto Zone that won me over.

And there she is, up on the Atlanta Craigslist for eleventeen gazillion dollars!

Wow. Your Hustler is as others have said,truly a beautiful thing. Rereading this entire post starting in June 2016 is a story that is worth reading. Thanks for the posts.

What did you use to put the top half and bottom shell together? Seems like you can take off and put it on as needed.

It's sandwiched together like it would normally be, but I added that steel angle band around the edge, which just bolts together through the same holes. Does that make sense? hahaaa! It does come apart with about 50 bolts, but it's not easy.

If you look for "body band" you'll find how to cut and weld up a big bumper to protect the outer edge. It's nice to be able to run against trees in the woods without the carnage of broken 45 year old plastic.

Sean,,after your PM, I came and read this entire thread. Your attention to detail is Insane!!! Beautiful Work !

+ Reply to Thread