Mudd-OX Chain Sliders

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mudd-OX Chain Sliders

Mudd-OX Chain Sliders

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 09:30 AM.

I think it will be easy to retrofit some uhmw material to fit over the cross members. Make a C-shaped piece by using a heat gun and then tap the edges and secure to the cross members with small sheet metal screws. There are several suppliers on EBAY and Amazon that sell uhmw and hdpe materials.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 09:32 AM.

I always try to fabricate items that work, most of the things I've rigged up are better than factory items or at least on par. I do think that you are correct and sometimes there is no need to reinvent the wheel when there are plenty of wheels out there. I try to challenge myself with new and innovative ways to put things together and build a better mouse trap. I've put together several sets of sliders, and unique chain adjusters that work well for the machine they were designed for, but there is often a product already out there. For example, the Argo automatic chain adjusters have always amazed me of how well they work and are basically a simple design.
    I took look forward to meeting many friends I've made on this site over the years. I hope to get to some more of the larger group rides in the future, and look forward to meeting some folks in person.

hey deedee, hope you guys are doing well. had a idea. those snap-idle chain tensioners i bought from mcmaster - carr for my max 2 high are actually 2 half moon shaped uhmv sliders for chain. you buy one floating tensioner you get 2 '' sliders''.they come for any size chain. i think one half moon slider would be easy to mount. hope it helps, let us know if you try and how it works. johnboy

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    I think it will be easy to retrofit some uhmw material to fit over the cross members. Make a C-shaped piece.... <snip>
    This is what I did on the front cross tube on the Attex Chief. The UHMW bar has been bored out to about 0.060" undersized to fit over the 1" cross tube, a notch was placed in it and it was clipped over the bar. It took a lot of force to get it on, and it won't spin when the chain contacts it. Cheap and easy to replace should it ever wear out.

I realize the OX is a different creature all-together and won't have this layout, but the same approach might work.

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 09:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread