Deciision Max or Argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deciision Max or Argo

Deciision Max or Argo

Ha this is my first post .I am still, researching on witch aatv to get .On the max the specs. Clame it will toe 1000 lbs dead wait .Now does that mean with any size engine? My Question would a Max 4 with 23HP. Pull more . The argo 650 HD 23HP said it will toe 1400lb. I will be using my aatv for swamp running and hunting . I also have a acre of myrtle bushes I want to pull out of the dried up lake behind my house .And the pull factor is important . Decisions , Decisions Thanks J.B.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrybrewer View Post
    Ha this is my first post .I am still, researching on witch aatv to get .On the max the specs. Clame it will toe 1000 lbs dead wait .Now does that mean with any size engine? My Question would a Max 4 with 23HP. Pull more . The argo 650 HD 23HP said it will toe 1400lb. I will be using my aatv for swamp running and hunting . I also have a acre of myrtle bushes I want to pull out of the dried up lake behind my house .And the pull factor is important . Decisions , Decisions Thanks J.B.
    I think both machines can pull just fine. I remember seeing video of a max iv pulling a factor pull sled no problem.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Sometimes it is better to be pulling with weight if you want to pull a lot of weight. If the pulling function is important I would go with the argo as it is a heavier machine.

Keith.

I think both machines are fully capable. I have a Max4 with a 20hp Kohler thats plenty strong, I also have a Argo Frontier w/the 23 HP B&S. Either machine can do what you describe and much more. Both machines represent some of the best designs in the amphib world and I don't think you could go wrong with either. There are also Hustlers, Attex, Max2's, etc out there in good numbers. Any machine can be improved upon with a little home-engineering. Welcome to the forum, and I know you will enjoy this hobby/sport.

Hi Thanks for the response That helps a lot. I got a lead on a 2012 argo 650 hd for 11 Gs and thats the best price I have found. Most dealers are asking 14 + shipping I hope it ain't sold yet. If so, The Max 4 is more cost effective for me . Well I would like to grab my cooler and lab. [dog] jump in my air boat and put,ER in the wind but the Swamps all dry. AATV dreaming. Yall have fun. Later J.B.

a friend of mine got his honda stuck in a mud hole last weekend ,i mean buried hook up to him with my conquest and pulled him out in reverse never knew i was pulling him

Quote Originally Posted by locolouie View Post
    a friend of mine got his honda stuck in a mud hole last weekend ,i mean buried hook up to him with my conquest and pulled him out in reverse never knew i was pulling him
    4 wheelers seem to get stuck quite a bit.......that's what happens when people buy an inferior vehicle. At least if a 6 wheeler is near by, they'll have a way to get pulled out.....and then the 6 wheeler will walk right through the same hole the quad got stuck in. We do it all time.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

here is a video of my ARGO towing a trailer load of firewood up a big hill

http://youtu.be/zDMiz5yU0gQ

If towing regularly was an important factor I would choose the Argo with it's 2 speed transmission and heavier weight. The Max will pull but the Argo pulls with less engine effort. If you were only using it as a dozer ocassionally, I would choose the Max. The Max is more "fun" to drive than the Argo, the Argo has more creature comforts than the Max. In my opinion they are both great machines, the Argo is more for work and the Max is more for play (I consider hunting play ).

+ Reply to Thread