Max ll t20 transmission issues

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Max ll t20 transmission issues

Quote Originally Posted by Joe H View Post
    Guess it would depend on what the 300.00 includes. If he is going to tear it completely down, hot tank the cases, make sure that everything is within spec including the bearings, bushings and wear surfaces and repair or replace as needed then that sounds like a bargain to me. Now if it just includes tearing it down, finding the malfunction and replacing parts, and put Orings in it and call it a rebuild like some do it not worth the money.
    Exactly.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

RichardsRelic's seems to be a reputable source. If you question what is included for the price, I am sure that they will tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by hipowerone View Post
    RichardsRelic's seems to be a reputable source. If you question what is included for the price, I am sure that they will tell you.
    No, not really. He has burned a lot of people with crappy parts. In my opinion, he is best avoided.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by hipowerone View Post
    Reputable source? Definitely not. I could tell countless stories of people that I've come across that have been burned by him. Including the transmission that he supposedly "rebuilt" for someone that I helped fix the correct way. It looked like it was only opened up and then put back together.....no new parts installed or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    No, not really. He has burned a lot of people with crappy parts. In my opinion, he is best avoided.
    Drew, you hit the nail right on the head! Buyer beware......avoid him as a source of parts. There are higher quality and lower priced options out there.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I have decided to fix the tranny myself. I fixed the Briggs Vanguard motor that wouldn't shut down (a new kill wire attached to the magnetos). Question... should I attempt to just install the bands and plunger O rings or go for the complete rebuild? That is if it's just a broken band and the drum isn't scored. Who do you suggest is the best source for parts?

Help me out JP, what are the sources for higher quality parts? I have purchased wheel adapters from Richard and from another source, Richards are WAY better!! His are 1/4 inch thick with pressed in studs that actually line up with the wheel holes correctly. The others were made of 1\8 with bolts welded on crooked, where's the value in that?

Quote Originally Posted by boyerbl View Post
    I have decided to fix the tranny myself. I fixed the Briggs Vanguard motor that wouldn't shut down (a new kill wire attached to the magnetos). Question... should I attempt to just install the bands and plunger O rings or go for the complete rebuild? That is if it's just a broken band and the drum isn't scored. Who do you suggest is the best source for parts?
    That's a great option and will not only save you money, but help you to learn about how it operates better. I would suggest replacing all seals and gaskets. Check your bearings out well too. If they are showing signs of wear or play, go ahead and replace them. I believe mudd-Ox sells a seal kit as well as the bearings and bands if needed. If the drum is too bad, post in the wanted thread on here. I'm sure you can source a good one much cheaper here than anywhere else, but feel free to shop around. Also, getting bands relined is a good option to save money.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe H View Post
    Help me out JP, what are the sources for higher quality parts? I have purchased wheel adapters from Richard and from another source, Richards are WAY better!! His are 1/4 inch thick with pressed in studs that actually line up with the wheel holes correctly. The others were made of 1\8 with bolts welded on crooked, where's the value in that?
    Hi Joe, I can help you out for better quality and LOWER priced parts if you need wheel adapters. I got them from Buffalo Bearing actually......1/4" thick with pressed in studs that lined up with the wheel holes perfectly too. And much better service, with no negative condescending attitude from the guys there.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Hi Joe, I can help you out for better quality and LOWER priced parts if you need wheel adapters. I got them from Buffalo Bearing actually......1/4" thick with pressed in studs that lined up with the wheel holes perfectly too. And much better service, with no negative condescending attitude from the guys there.
    how much?? curious! Thanks

A T20 rebuild question... When I replace the bands how hard is it to remove the old pins on the plungers that the bolts attach to?

+ Reply to Thread