Max ll t20 transmission issues

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Max ll t20 transmission issues

3/8"-24 (fine thread)

The bolts don't need to be more than 3/4" long or so. The shorter the better; you don't want them bottoming out in the plunger hole and letting the plunger slide down in the bore. We don't all mean to sound maniacal about the o-ring deal, but what a PITA it is to have to replace them after a rebuild.
    The plunger bores are like razors on the inside of the case, and they'll destroy the o-rings every-single-time.

Good News... after installing short bolts and washers and tightening the top bands I now have reverse. Next is the overnight leak test. After filling the tranny with fluid I will leave it over night and see if the case is sealed up.

After bolting the remainder of my case together my input shaft now binds. Do I have my band pins out of their holes?

I used Gasket Sealer goo on the case gaskets. Removing the gasket and goo and clamping the cases back together the shaft spins (still a little tight).

not sure if this is your problem but when i can't get the two cases to close up. the far back band gets caught in between the case and drum.
    its kinda tricky to get the far back one around the drum when sliding it together.

I have been installing my pin before the 2nd drum.

+ Reply to Thread