Max ll t20 transmission issues

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Max ll t20 transmission issues

Max ll t20 transmission issues

I finally was able to get my Max ll out for a test drive. The first test and It turns to the right but no left turn. Reverse is not working. The tranny has new fluid and this is the first test since being rescued from a farmers field. Do you think it needs a rebuild? Who do you suggest?

Is the stick movement equal on both sticks or does the left stick move easly a lot. If so you may have a broken band on left side. You have to hold back hard on sticks for reverse. It should work on the side that steers if reverse teeth,shift collar and shift pin are intact. Where are you located?

Not only does it have no reverse but it only turns to the right, so the left band has issues? I live in the Seattle area.
    Last edited by boyerbl; 07-05-2016 at 12:03 AM.

If I need a band replaced how difficult is the repair?

The t20 isn't that bad to repair and lots of advice here. Before you tear it apart measure the total forward and full back movement of both sticks and let us know what it is. I think it needs to come apart but would like a bit more info first.

The sticks move about 6 inches forward and back. The valve going into the transmission on the passenger (right side facing forward) seems to temporarily hang up when I pull the right stick.

It sounds like the bands are in place. Next thing to do is remove the diamond shaped shift levers from the top of the transmission and inspect the pins and shift collars. Yours probably has a bolt on retainer that holds shifter in place. If it's a real old one it will have a snapring under the diamond. You will need to look in the hole and roll transmission over to inspect the slot in the shift collar for breakage. The shift pins should be round not flattened. Keep us posted, it may be as easy as a shift pin replacement.

I have inspected the shift collars and pins and they are good. Now I am in the process of pulling the tranny so Maximum Off Road can rebuild it. He seems a lot less costly than the $300 + parts Richards Relics quoted me.

Quote Originally Posted by boyerbl View Post
    I have inspected the shift collars and pins and they are good. Now I am in the process of pulling the tranny so Maximum Off Road can rebuild it. He seems a lot less costly than the $300 + parts Richards Relics quoted me.

$300 plus parts!!! Holy crap that's expensive.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Guess it would depend on what the 300.00 includes. If he is going to tear it completely down, hot tank the cases, make sure that everything is within spec including the bearings, bushings and wear surfaces and repair or replace as needed then that sounds like a bargain to me. Now if it just includes tearing it down, finding the malfunction and replacing parts, and put Orings in it and call it a rebuild like some do it not worth the money.

+ Reply to Thread