Update on the Sears Progress!!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Update on the Sears Progress!!

Fiberglass

Mark

There was a few spots of cosmetic cracks on the top hull and the nose was broke out, I did a little glass work there but other than that it was is good shape. Before I painted it I made sure that all the little pin holes were filled so I could get a good smooth finish.

Clutch Engagement

Damn that is a nice machine.

What is the engagement RPM to get you moving? IF its too high , some heavier weights or more weights will bring the engagement RPM down. The heavier weight will also give the engine clutch more authority over the driven.

Liflod

I have the standard 6 weights and a pink spring that comes with the comet duster, you can put up to 9 weights in them. As for speed, I have to hold it at about 3700 rpm for a long open stretch to get it finally moving. I replaced the shoe ramps and a new green spring from RI on the driven.

Do you need to rev the engine to get it to move or does it start moving with low engine RPM?

It sounds like the green spring is too much for the weight of your machine or the engine clutch does not have enough pressure to overcome the driven unit. I would try some more weight on the engine and see how she does. At least it should make a difference and its easier to get to than the T-20 side.

Very nice job!!!! Looks Great!!!!!!

Clutch

Liflod

My unit moves at a low idle, I will call comet and get some more weights, i can also unwind the driven spring a little to also help.

I used to run a Comet Duster on my Cuyuna powered Attex. It seemed to act like yours. It was geared really low until you finally ran it out.

You may not want to change anything until you get it in the mud. The slow shifting is why I wanted the red spring for my Max IV, to keep it geared lower-. Just riding on the beaten path does not really give you indication how it acts climbing hills or going in the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    You may not want to change anything until you get it in the mud. The slow shifting is why I wanted the red spring for my Max IV, to keep it geared lower-. Just riding on the beaten path does not really give you indication how it acts climbing hills or going in the mud.
    Great Point liflod, the majority of our driving needs it to be gear slow. For most of us anyways

Finally Some of My Sears Sportster Videos!!!

Hey everyone sorry it has been so long but i do have some videos in action, sorry the quality is a little low they were taken with a cell phone. They progress is to see if it actually floats after the complete rebuild. The one with the donut was pretty cool on dry ground. I have had this thing up to 48 mph on the road(had my 4 wheeler next to me clocking it) which is pretty scary without a steering wheel the first few times. Once it get it going again (next weekend fixing the tranny mounting bolts) i will take some higher quality videos. Hope you enjoy.

Cool! What mods have you done to it? Bigger engine obviously, mine only does about 25mph. Green paint? They all came orange didn't they? I also didn't see the back seat. Was it removed or just poor quality cell phone video?

Very cool! It looks like it floated fine and you can't ask for more for a top speed.

+ Reply to Thread