20hp Kawasaki

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 20hp Kawasaki

20hp Kawasaki

Just changed the head gasket on my argo and since then I have loss compression in both cylinders. Head gasket was replaced on back (firewall) head. Compression is now only 90 on back and 65 on front? Engine ran fine before gasket was replaced. now back fires and has compression issues. Any help?????
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

Recheck valve adjustments.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

checked valves but still low compression.....only about 100psi on both cylinders. Any more ideas??????
    —Will Rogers

Take valve covers off and check push rods. Make sure they're all in place and one hasn't dropped out. Make sure they're not bent. Check the valves aren't sticking by pushing them down by hand (this makes the push rods fall down so watch out, have a little magnet rod to pull them back out and reset them in place).

Edit: woops I didn't read the other replies first. Sounds like you've already been in there checking those.

Checked valves and compression is now at 100psi on both heads. Why would I lose compression on both heads if I only changed head gasket on one head? please help!!!!!!!
    —Will Rogers

Are you sure the head gasket you installed is the same thickness as the one you replaced? If it's thicker that would increase the volume inside the chamber, therefore lowering compression.

+ Reply to Thread