new guy with a t-20 question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new guy with a t-20 question

new guy with a t-20 question

Hey everybody im new here, just found this sight today. Im now the proud owner of 2 junk 6x6’s I can use the parts from one to get the other running finally. b/c I have had the one for years and years I don’t know the make of this one it’s a 4 seeter and uses those tires with the molded in 3 lug rims. I also ran into what seems to be an original MAX recently on a back road, this is a 2 seeter and has 5 lug rims. They are different but it looks like they both had the same motors originally (Rockwell). The MAX has a rotax 257 but there were parts from a Rockwell motor just sitting in the buggy. Anyway the max’s tranny was taken apart and let sit out in the rain so now it is all rusty. Looks like they took it apart b/c of a crack in the housing. But I have another t-20 from the other 6x6 I got years ago so hopefully things will be coming together soon. I have a question though

- where can I find another t-20 ? or are there plans somewhere on how to make something like this or another trans I can use in it’s place any help would be great

- also what lube goes in these t-20's

thanks you guys Jim
    Last edited by studmuff1228; 08-06-2007 at 09:43 PM.

Jim, welcome to the forums! It's good to have you on board. Take some pictures of your 6x6's if you get a chance and I'm sure someone here can help you identify it. Or maybe look in the gallery and see if one there looks similar.

As for your T-20, you may want to just see if someone has a case for one that they want to get rid of. They aren't hard to rebuild. Many times when they are parted out, people mainly need the bands and drums so you may have some luck there. Post a wanted ad in the classifieds. Also, I think egoperf on the board here has some parts for them too. You may check with him.

I can't remember the type of fluid but it's automatic transmission fluid...Dexron III I think?

Again, glad to have you here and I look forward to hearing/seeing more about your projects.

Mike

I have always used Automatic Transmission Fluid type F and add about an ounce of limited slip differential additive to prevent any chattering.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread