20hp vanguard

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 20hp vanguard

Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    Good luck on this one . I am interested in seeing if there is an adapter ?
    Gonna need some luck and maybe a machinist too!! Lol.

Could you give me the lenth of the taper and diameters of the crank at each end of the taper? I would like to figure out the angle. I might be able to come up with something.

My main concern is even if you lock the tapper adapter on with Green locktite and the end bolt will it NOT slip under a good hard clutch pull ?
    I have seen key stock shear already.
    Last time I had an engine with this crank in it I pulled it and turned it down and milled a key way in it.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    My main concern is even if you lock the tapper adapter on with Green locktite and the end bolt will it NOT slip under a good hard clutch pull ?
    I have seen key stock shear already.
    Last time I had an engine with this crank in it I pulled it and turned it down and milled a key way in it.
    Well Wedge I haven't a clue but none of my 2 strokes have slipped that I'm aware of. I got a tapered clutch that's not quite right so we are taking the shaft out of generator armature and turning it down to make a sleeve to go into the clutch. We are taking the taper out of the clutch as well!! Not sure how this will hold under a load but I guess we're gonna find out. LOL
    WISH US LUCK!!!

4 stroke snowmobile engines push well over 150hp and all run the M30 tapered pto's.

just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    4 stroke snowmobile engines push well over 150hp and all run the M30 tapered pto's.

just sayin'
    I wish these generator motors had that same taper!!! LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by dave phelps View Post
    I wish these generator motors had that same taper!!! LOLOL

just sayin'
    Nubs, do you know what the gen. Taper is, some older 2 strokes had 25mm tapers so those clutches are out there.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I never took the time to check, i have seen two different dia gen tapers for the vanguards. the late 60's Evinrude engines had a odd taper but did not work.

anything hand whittled is gonna be a problem, a tapered shaft or bushing needs to have a 100% surface contact. balance would be another issue i would think..

anything hand whittled is gonna be a problem, a tapered shaft or bushing needs to have a 100% surface contact. balance would be another issue i would think..
    It will be a press fit with green loctite.I have 155 dollars in this whole deal so far so if it doesn't work I'll move to plan B! Lol
    Wish us luck!!!

+ Reply to Thread